• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional ----> EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See previous post from JPPT2000-who left ASA for EJA.
Pick his brain about the differences between the two.
I personally think either would be a great place to work.
But EJA is a place where you can go for a career not just a stepping stone.
Not to mention we are all pushing for a great new contract.

Fly Safe
Chuck

ATLdude
If your question is money look at both pay scales. I would look at base pay only. Overtime can dry up and per diem is not part of your pay package.
The schedule at EJA is 17day or 7/7. You will not hold 7/7 for at least 8months +.
Look at current numbers only. I have read post here stateing we are getting a large increase. I am not saying we won't bargin for more than present, but look at current numbers. Your family will have too live with them.
That is how I looked when I made my decision to leave Eagle.

Best of Luck.

PS for SFR.
SFR you wrote a statement that I could not compare Eagle with EJA. I actullay can because I worked for Eagle and I presently work for EJA. I am not and will not write anything about ASA, because I know nothing about them. I hope you help ATLdude with some insight about ASA.
Live Well.

ATLdude:

I have only been at ASA for about 9 months and I am already ready to leave. I flew 135 charter before ASA, which is similar to frac ops. I have decided that I like going to different places and more variety in my flying than ASA can offer.

Pros and Cons from personal experience at ASA and what I have heard from my friends at EJA and on this board.

ASA Pros:
*Great group of pilots at ASA.
*Good Training
*Good equipment
*Travel passes (Standby though)
*Longevity

ASA Cons:
*Scheduling (ASA guys know what I'm talking about)
*pay sucks $19.02 hr 1st yr F/O, $33.65 hr 2nd yr F/O
*Long upgrade after Sep. 11
*Hotels
*Being scoped by the majors.
*Going to the same airport 3 times a day.

EJA Pros:
*Good training
*Even better equipment
*Airline frequent flier miles accumulate at a rapid rate allowing positve space travel.
*Frac industry is young and will continue to grow.
*schedule. If you are lucky enough to have 7on/7off you have 2 weeks of vacation a month.
*Faster upgrade than ASA and captains pay if someone junior upgrades on another airplane.
*Better Hotels
*Some Delta guy is not scoping your contract.
*Variety in flying. Different port of call every night.

EJA Cons:
*Away from home for extended periods.
*No travel bennies.

Ask the EJA guys for the rest of the cons.
In some respects it is like comparing apples to oranges. If you like going to places on a moments notice and do not mind being away from home for 5-7 days go to EJA. If you don't mind going to the same places and want to be home more often but not have as many days off in a row go to ASA.

Hope this helps and remember this is just my opinion based on my experiences at ASA and what I have heard about EJA.

Good Luck!

SFR,
I was at ASA two and a half years ago, Hired in as one of the first RJ FO's at the Company. Upgraded to Brasilia Capt. in 7 months. Left ASA for EJA 16 months ago.
I feel ASA is great if you live in ATL or DFW.
If you commute, its terrible. Especially if you commute from MCO.
6 to 8 hours to get to ATL.
Almost had two occurances, while trying to commute.
First the L1011 I was commuting on had an engine failure, and a a pax had a heart attack. Scheduling whould not of accepted those excuses for being tardy!
Flew with great Pilots at ASA.
Miss the RJ and Brasilia.
At ASA I can bet you will never fly the same kind of trips EJA does.
Times change though........
Who knows ASA might fly in and out of SFO, LAX, SEA, BFI.., to name a few.
When the RJ goes nonstop, west coast to east coast in 4 hours 10 mins., (heck of a tailwind) I might start regretting my decision.
DAL mainline folks made it clear to Comair and ASA, Delta regionals will find a hard time being integrated into mainline seniority list.
PS I made a few grand more, than first and second year Brasilia Captain's Pay in my first year at ASA.
Quality of life was a huge decision to leave.

PS I made a few grand more, than first and second year Brasilia Captain's Pay in my first year at ASA.

Doh!
What I meant was, In my first year at EJA, I made a few grand more than when I was at ASA.

Latest resources

Back