Regional consolidation is coming

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JD2003 said:
I am pretty sure trashmen earn a respectable living too. The same cannot be said for all of us.

They actually have found that garbage collectors have one of the highest satisfaction levels with their jobs, compared to all other professions.

RJ's are here to stay. They will just get larger, i.e. the E170/190, the CRJ700/900 and the Bombardier C class. The only question is who will be flying them. I'll bet it will be Republic, Mesa, Skywest, etc..

Or, better jet, the likes of JetBlue that are clever enough to keep the short and intermediate flying in house.

The ERJ135/140/145 and the CRJ440/100/200 fleets will be phased out over time. Inefficient scope busters.

jehtplane said:
So if the 70seat is not far behind does that mean the 100 seat is not far behind that, or is it just because you will get to fly them they will be profitable.

From what I've read (Not just Boyd). The 70 seater was a break even aircraft when crude was below $40-$50. Now it is close to where the 50 seater was then. When you get into the 90 seat range it's a different ball game. It's a cyclical business and now is the time for us to make the right career moves. All I know is that it's a high risk game that will have more losers than winners in the short run. Baby boomers turn 60 please!

So we have a glut of RJ's. So what else is new, and who cares. Only a Deltoid with nothing better to do. Mainline pilots must get over themselves. You're not that special. Did you see/hear RJ pilots posting things about furloughs and other 'bad' news on the Majors forum? Nope. Again, who cares, and let the RJ's die if thats the way it's gonna go. You and Boyd have been predicting this and that- and the General Lee and FDJ are so brilliant-and my goodness- were just so impressed. Not.

WhiteCloud said:
Can we be respectful of those who work for a living here? Airplane flying is the same kind of deal today....just press a button and throw a switch and like magic the airplane practically drives itself. We even have airconditioning and radios too. Or is there more to it?

I hope you were kidding, but just in case you weren't..scroll down to the last post......

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=64018&highlight=Fearneyhough

:beer:

miles otoole said:
Are you delusional? Who exactly has been saying that? Please show a SINGLE statement which supports your claim.

Well, the statements are no longer available here as far as I know, but I sure remember the CMR guys saying how profitable they were before DAL bought them, and that they didn't even need DAL to make money. Remember some of those arguements?

Latest resources

Back