Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tor4239

Hey all,

I am currently upgrading at a Regional Airline on the CRJ 200. I am 29 and will be turning 30 in August. I am very interested in giving up the flying job for the ATC job.

Where do you begin the process? I have a B.S. in Aviation Management and an A.S. in Aviation Flight.

Any info would be appreciated.

go to faa.gov and go to the jobs secton and apply. Also go to either Barnes and Noble or your local bookstore and buy the ATC study guide and start studying like right now. You need to go to the FAA.gov website first and apply now.

Send a PM to atcloser who works in New York. With the new 'contract' and things he would be a good one to get some info. I did alot of time at SAV, PBI and S56 but have been out of it since 2000, prior to the 'new' ATC.

air traffic controller

I was just wondering if you could pass on any info that you might have found out. I got laid off from a regional a couple of years ago and don't feel like starting all over again at a regional making nothing. Thought this would be a little better security and looks like they are short of controllers. Thanks for any info.

hey all,

im an atc minor and never followed up on it due to the new atc'ers payscale. currently a lear 35 captain and trying not to look back. a GREAT website for people interested in ATC is www.atccti.com , that is a forum board lots of controllers, applications, info on the application process. search that forum and you will find any info you want.

jonathan

what's the reason you want to leave the regionals?
curious as I am in the same boat....at a regional with an FAA offer in hand...

My buddy just finished training in OKC and started at his assignment a couple of weeks ago. He's not happy with his decision to go ATC.

The new payscales are not much more than what you make at a regional. He had no choice in his assignment and is now stuck in Abileen for at least a year. Some people get lucky and are assigned to ATL or MIA center and like it, but there's always the chance you'll get sent to BFE. With no travel bennies, there's no way you can commute.

Oh, and you get paid at a rate of 18K per year while in training, and you must pay for your own housing.

Just remember the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Latest resources

Back