10% 401k match and 100% vested from the beginning
15% employee discount stock purchase program
$7.50 a paycheck for uniform cleaning
$1.75 per diem
Free airport vending machines for the late night breaks or quick turns
free travel on Alaska ($18 first class one way) and Frontier
2 weeks vacation after 6mos. up to 5 weeks a year
Quarterly performance bonuses up to $1200 a year
I think there is some sort of other profit sharing but not sure.
And not to forget the six year upgrade to the Q200.

Here is some Horizon info:

401K is THE best. 100% match by the company up to 10% of your earnings managed by Vanguard.

Insurance: Pretty good, getting worse all the time with the state of the medical world... $200/yr deduct. I am single so not sure how it all works for families and dependents. The plan is thru Great West and is as good or better as any I've had from past employers. The dental covers most cleaning and a large percentage of other major work. Vision the exam is free and usually end up paying for the contacts at a discount.

Vacation accrues @ 2 weeks per year until year 5, then you accrue and can bid 4 weeks per year. Sick time accrues @ 3.o hrs /month. There is a LTD plan that pays 60% pre disability income, tax free, with a monthly Max of $5000 until age 65. Seems many guys have decided to medical out as a way to collect this "pension" as of late.

There is profit sharing (on occasion) and the formula to figure this requires a secret decoder ring and lots of math. There are occasionally quarterly performance awards based on QX systemwide on time and reliability. THis has been no go lately due to the Alaska pilots fiasco. It did pay $150 a few quarters. Enough to go out for dinner I suppose.

The travel benifits are good for not having a "major" we are tied to. Unlimited free travel on Horizon/Alaska ($14 for first class) for employee, spouse and parents. Lots of sweet zed deals and ID90's or service charge passes ($25 on NWA) on most airlines worldwide. The fact that Horizon/Alaska were the first CASS carrriers with United, American and UPS have made domestic jumpseating easy again.

The pay and bid and per diem are on airlinepilotcentral.com and seem to be accurate. Good benifits, great bases if you want to live out west. All this makes for an airline that no one wants to leave.....as a result, I'm a few months away from being a 6 year FO.

Off to mountain bike.
Good luck

Latest resources

Back