Regional Airline Vs. Fractional pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rattler

Hey guys no slaming of anyone intended here, the purpose of this post is intended to be for educational purposes only. In light of the NJ contract many regional guys have been talking about jumping ship and running to the fractional side.

I understand 6 yr. CA pay means something very different at a regional vs. at NJ, is this true with all fracs? (ex. regional=5yr employee who happens to hold CA)

At a regional I can expect to easily clear 75K on 6th year CA pay, it isn't as simple as straight $/hour pay. I am interested in what the W2 says at the end of the year.

So what would a 5yr pilot at NJ expect to earn per year, and is this a reasonable time frame to hold CA.

rattler said:
Hey guys no slaming of anyone intended here, the purpose of this post is intended to be for educational purposes only. In light of the NJ contract many regional guys have been talking about jumping ship and running to the fractional side.

I understand 6 yr. CA pay means something very different at a regional vs. at NJ, is this true with all fracs? (ex. regional=5yr employee who happens to hold CA)

At a regional I can expect to easily clear 75K on 6th year CA pay, it isn't as simple as straight $/hour pay. I am interested in what the W2 says at the end of the year.

So what would a 5yr pilot at NJ expect to earn per year, and is this a reasonable time frame to hold CA.

A five year captain at Netjets in cat 1, 2 and 3 a/c make $90,000 base, plus per diem, OT and tips, which will add another 10-15% per year. Reserve schedule is $106,813 base plus extras above. This is based on the TA scheduled for a vote count this coming Monday. Upgrade time varies, and with bypass pay going away, it'll be a lenthier process than in the past, but I would think 5 years would be more than reasonable for upgrade based on "projected growth". Over 1000 jets are on order, some of whic may be cancelled and others may be added. We also have a sizeable number of retired major guys that will probably jump once the signing bonus is paid in full, if not after the first dispursment.

Pervis said:
A five year captain at Netjets in cat 1, 2 and 3 a/c make $90,000 base, plus per diem, OT and tips, which will add another 10-15% per year. Reserve schedule is $106,813 base plus extras above. This is based on the TA scheduled for a vote count this coming Monday. Upgrade time varies, and with bypass pay going away, it'll be a lenthier process than in the past, but I would think 5 years would be more than reasonable for upgrade based on "projected growth". Over 1000 jets are on order, some of whic may be cancelled and others may be added. We also have a sizeable number of retired major guys that will probably jump once the signing bonus is paid in full, if not after the first dispursment.

What will a 5+ year FO be paid or are you guaranteed to upgrade at 5 years?

Pervis said:

That all sounds significantly better than what we get. But just to clarify, a 5th year employee at NJ may be in his 1st year as a CA, and be paid as a 1st year CA and not a 5th yr CA. Do I understand this correctly?

I assume reserve on a Cat 1 a/c is considered junior, so is that the $106K?

rattler said:
That all sounds significantly better than what we get. But just to clarify, a 5th year employee at NJ may be in his 1st year as a CA, and be paid as a 1st year CA and not a 5th yr CA. Do I understand this correctly?

Nope, a person that has been at NetJets for 4 years and 1 day will be paid 5th year wages. Captains will receive captain wages and FO's will receive fo wages. The reserve schedule, unlike the airlines will more than likely go senior.

rattler said:

I assume reserve on a Cat 1 a/c is considered junior, so is that the $106K?

Its TIME WITH THE COMPANY ****NOT**** IN SEAT.

Fracs are better

I came to the fracs from what used to be one of the best regionals in the country. Now that place sucks along with every other regional from what I can tell; at least compared to NJA and CS with the new pay rates. I vote for getting out of the regionals if you can land a job at either an LLC, CS or NJA.

Latest resources

Back