Regarding The Flight Info Scholars

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vector4fun said:
Doc's FAR forum is one of the best I've found.

My wife still rues the day I started "playing" with her Tandy 1000HX and bought that 300 bd Hayes modem for it. Remember GEnie? :D

I'll see your GEnie, and raise you a Videotext and "The Source"!

Nu

P.S. "Rues the day"? Who talks like that? Your fancy words vex me greatly.

414Flyer said:
He used to have another board besides the FAR one, that was heavily used 4-6 years ago. After he took his down, this one took off.

His was an older text based board. I think thats where I first read Jimbo.

I think I remember he pulled it down after extensive flamewars made it hard to administer.

Nu

NuGuy said:
I think I remember he pulled it down after extensive flamewars made it hard to administer.

Not too far off, he closed it after he got a threat from a poster whose post he had deleted, threatening to sue him for infringement of his first ammendment rights. Even though there is no grounds for such a law suit the webmaster ecided to close hte board instead of wasting his time and resources dealing whith such nitwits. For a while, he continued it as an invitation only closed forum, without a flow of new blood that forum whithered and died. The webmaster still runs the Propilot website, just not the forum. Doc's FAR forun is on hte propilot website.

414Flyer said:
He used to have another board besides the FAR one, that was heavily used 4-6 years ago. After he took his down, this one took off.

His was an older text based board. I think thats where I first read Jimbo.

I think it was the precursor to this forum which Jimbo haunted, remember, at one time this forum used the same text based bulletin board software that the pro pilot BB used.

NuGuy said:
Meh, that was for noobs with that new fangled web thingy. Real scholars started out on the AVSIG on Compuserve via a 300 baud Hayes Smartmodem and their TRS-80 Model 1

Nu
I missed the early days of the internet, but back in the mid seventies, the high school computer geeks tried to get me to join the school computer club. They enticed me with the fact that they were playing a "star trek" game with another school and when I got to the computer room, they showed me a spool of tape with holes punched in it that was their proof that they were winning the game. They almost had me...but fortunately, I found that Navy recruiting brochure on becoming a Boatswain's Mate and made my move.

Latest resources

Back