• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"anyone seen a real live 7000 year old human lately"

Yeah ... my ex at 0600 hrs. :D

Minh

Can anyone post something under this thread that nobody can (a) refute or (b) twist into a discussion of scope, mainline vs. regional jets, furloughs, pay-for-training, or college education requirements?

Okay, try to take on this time tested fact. Ron Jeremy has a huge p#nis!

A tree falls in the woods

Ok, let me try to prove something here. First, we know from physics that sound is caused by air vibrations that create waves in the air. Also, vibrations are caused by friction, and as long as there is a force (mass x gravity in this case) there will be friction. So, as the tree starts to fall, due to gravity, the friction of the insides of the tree rubbing against each other, because of force, causes air vibrations, which in turn cause sound. It doesn't matter if anyone is there to here it or not, the trees makes a sound as it is falling, and probably as it hits the ground. How about that Typhoon.

I'm not sure if the tree makes a sound when it falls, but you can bet that as the sound of the chainsaw died away, the tree-hugging Earth First!-er who was perched up in the limbs wailed like a baby while plunging to the forest floor.

Jim said...

" Okay I'll grant that the falling tree makes vibrations in the air. But I think you need an ear around to interpret the vibrations into sound. So if there is no ear, there is no sound. "

The vibrations in the air are sound, so there is no need to interpret anything. I didn't say this in my first post, but that is actually the fact of the matter, and trees make a sound when they fall and no one is around to hear it.

PS. I misspelled hear in my first post, I'm suprised someone didn't refute that. Ha Ha Ha.

nimtz said:
Okay, try to take on this time tested fact. Ron Jeremy has a huge p#nis!
How do we know? Could just be special effects...or a stunt double...

Besides, it's not that big...:D

"Voyager 1 Spacecraft will never, ever return to earth... so in it's logbook there is 1 take-off and 0 landings"

Well Falcon, you never know what Voyager may HIT...perhaps an asteroid, a moon, a planet, a star or it might be sucked into a black hole....and God knows what's at the other end of the black hole...if God exists...

so your statement is false too...1 take-off...and you don't know what the heck might happen after that 1 t/o! it might "land" somewhere...maybe a little hard...without it's atoms holding together...if atoms exist... ahh...I'll stop ;) :p

lol

Archer

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back