Referral fee?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingToIST

We are placing a turboprop with a client and putting together the sale between the sales people and the client. Is it ok to ask for referral fees to broker? If it's ok, what should it be?

We are placing a turboprop with a client and putting together the sale between the sales people and the client. Is it ok to ask for referral fees to broker? If it's ok, what should it be?

You can ask, but the best advice I can give is that all parties are aware of it. If you work for the buyer or seller I would make sure my boss signed off on it.

I am fortunate that my boss lets me do this. I never hide it. The first one I got I offered to split just to protect myself. He said it was all mine.

Amount depends on the price of the plane.

Isn't your company going to make money on the backside (operation) of the aircraft? If so, I would be leary of trying to get a referral fee...

Isn't your company going to make money on the backside (operation) of the aircraft? If so, I would be leary of trying to get a referral fee...
Yes it will. It's our first deal, so i was just curious. To be honest with you, getting two pilot's training covered by the selling company is a good deal in my book.

Maybe it would be best if you negotiated some kind of pay structure / guaranteed flying hours for those pilots that are getting trained for free.

Latest resources

Back