Recurrent Training Center???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bugchaser

Anyone have any experience with RTC out of Illinois? They are certainly the best deal as far as price goes. Insurance will recognize them, just want to see if anyone has an opinion. Training will be for 300/400 Cessna initial. Thanks

Check with YOUR insurance. I looked into this a few months back for the King Air and our insurance was skitish about them. Does sound like a great deal though. It is a Simcom-like place. NO 135 approvals as of yet, at least not for the Beech line.

I was just there a from 9/11 thru 9/14. I was there for a pa31, and only spent one day with someone that knows that plane. There were two gentlemen there for the twin cessna, and almost left the first day. Most of the training is on your own in front of a vcr and a computer watching cheesey videos and taking tests. They have 2 generic AST300 sims that are pretty beat up, a twin cessna sim, a baron sim, a 1900 sim that is nice, and two others but not sure which planes they represent. As far as the instructors go, I had one that had 300hrs, and was still working on his MEI, two that didn't seem to know s@#t from shinola, and one that seemed to have a clue. My guess is that very few of the instructors really well trained for type specific training. IMHO

Hope that helps you

Latest resources

Back