• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recommendations For Contact Lens Brands

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been wearing the Acuvue 1 day disposables for about 12 years now and love them. They cost about $500 for a years supply if you wear new ones every day. I know that is a lot, but to me, it's worth it when you consider that you wear a clean, sterile pair every day and have no cleaning supplies or hassles to worry about. They come in foil packs and I have spares stashed in various places in case of emergency.

My doc switched me out of my Accuvue's a couple of years ago - and put me into O2 Optics. - My eyes develped an allergic reaction that kept me from using any type of of contact for about a year. I've since gone to Accuvue daily disposables and love them.

Try Biomedics. Have been using them 4 years, and I really like them. You have to take them out every night before bed; but, you wear them for a month before disposal.

Last edited:
I've been using Acuvue Advance Toric for a few years. No dryness whatsoever and very comfortable to wear.

Lasik in 3 weeks, so hopefully I'm on my last pair.

I switched from the Acuvue2 to the B&L Pure Vision. The Pure Vision was worlds better as far as drying out goes. I'm going to try the Night and Days to compare them to the pure vision.

New Doctor, switched up the brand of contact lenses I was using claiming these new ones let more air get to my eye. Great - now my eyes dry out fast - blinking 100 times down final is getting annoying. I know I can go back to the old brand. HOWEVER, I'd like to hear what you all have luck with when it comes to contact lens brands - what ones ya like and don't like, so I can have 1-800-CONTACTS send me something that is "pilot friendly." Thanks - looking forward to your suggestions!

AZT

AZT,

How regularly are you wearing your lenses? I used to wear my disposables for a week straight, take them out over night, then wear them another week before switching to a new pair.

My eyes started to get dry, and I thought it was the lenses. Turns out, after wearing lenses in this manner for close to 15 years, my eyes were starting to show signs of an alergic reaction to wearing them so much. The way my eyes reacted were to form tiny bumps on the insides of my eye lids, which in turn would shift the lense in my eye every time I would blink and would also give the feeling of dry eyes.

A few months of eye drops and now I take out my lenses every night to give my eyes a break, and my problem has gone away.

Maybe check with your doctor to make sure you don't have the same condition (can't think of the medical name). I've used Acuvue and O2 Optix this year with no problem from either.

That's very true. Most of the optometrists don't know how long our duty days are, and it's not healthy to wear them day in, day out, 4 days in a row.

That's why the first thing i get to the hotel is to take my contacts off, glasses back on. And I try not to wear my contacts on my off days as well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back