Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recommendations for Atlanta flight schools?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

poor2thecore

Hi there. I'll be moving to Atlanta next April when I get out of the Navy. I've done some web searching and found a few schools in the area that looked promising. Does anyone have any recommendations for schools in the greater Atlanta area? I'd be doing my comm, instrument, multi, and CFI, then eventually instructing.

How about traffic? I head it's pretty atrocious. I'll be living in Midtown and going to school at GA Tech. Not having to fight traffic to get to a flight lesson would be an added bonus.

Thanks all for the help!

I instructed at PDK (Aviation Atlanta Inc) 8 years ago. They are probablly the largest at PDK in terms of aircraft available and instructor avaiability. They are also VA friendly. They have a pretty good website as well...aviationatlanta.com I think. Just curious, where and what are you doing in the Navy?
Beat Army...

Very nice. I'll check them out! I'm one of those nuclear engineering types... enlisted, on my way out. CVN75 out of Norfolk. ;-)

Take a look at Superior Aviation too. They're on the north side, so maybe a little less traffic to deal with.

Hi there. I'll be moving to Atlanta next April when I get out of the Navy. I've done some web searching and found a few schools in the area that looked promising. Does anyone have any recommendations for schools in the greater Atlanta area? I'd be doing my comm, instrument, multi, and CFI, then eventually instructing.

How about traffic? I head it's pretty atrocious. I'll be living in Midtown and going to school at GA Tech. Not having to fight traffic to get to a flight lesson would be an added bonus.

Thanks all for the help!

Go to college. Become an accountant. Make enough money to buy your own aircraft. Seriously don't become a profesional pilot. Unless you get very lucky you will regret spending so much money on such a terrible career.

Go to college. Become an accountant. Make enough money to buy your own aircraft. Seriously don't become a profesional pilot. Unless you get very lucky you will regret spending so much money on such a terrible career.

Thanks man! Appreciate the advice. I've heard that over and over again for what seems like an eternity. I'll take my chances. Being an accountant may bring great fortune, but what else? I'll pass.

Thanks man! Appreciate the advice. I've heard that over and over again for what seems like an eternity. I'll take my chances. Being an accountant may bring great fortune, but what else? I'll pass.

No worries. You sound a lot like I did. I grew up around aviation and when I hear someone like you it brings back a lot of memories. I'm only trying to get accross what I have learned in the last five years as a profesional. Maybe the economy will get better and pilots will be treated better than they are now. Good luck.

And I wasn't being sarcastic. I know for some the career hasn't met expectations, the dream isn't what one thought it would be, etc, etc. I'm young. I'd be letting many people down, including myself if I didn't at least try.

So here's to hoping for a better future for all.

I second Aviation Atlanta. Got all my ratings there and also instructed there. Plus from Midtown its a quick drive to PDK. Flightschool with most aircraft at PDK and 3 Duchess.

Latest resources

Back