Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

difete

Hello Guys,

I have my stuff in with United. I wanted to ask those on the know here, if you can recommend a good interview prep place. I am mostly interested in getting prepped for the Sim ride, as I have no 737 experience.

Any info and/or help is appreciated.

Thanks.

It's just a jet. Just like all others. Don't sweat it. It will be a basic ride. I have never heard of an interview ride being like a type ride. Just basic stuff.

Friend of mine who was a Comair RJ Captain for 14 years went down to Miami (I think Pan Am) but I will check with him. He said if he had not picked up a few hours on the 73 sim and received some good prep from their career coach down there he might not have cut it. This from a guy who has about 14 years of captain checkrides. I would not take it for granted. He is now flying for UAL and got through training no problem.

Check Six

It's as much, probably more, about your personal skills in the interview.

Don't over think it.

There are about 4 big US airlines now so spend a few hundred bucks to be comfortable in the sim or roll the dice on that one after all you have invested? The prep simply polishes the product and makes you that much more comfortable small investment wherever you do it.
Just my 2cents take it or leave it.

The preps are invaluable in my opinion.

Especially in today's environment where there are HALF the airlines that there used to be. A lot less opportunities than before.

A couple of friends that have been hired by UAL recently went to DEN a day or two early and did the sim prep with a company in DEN. You get to use almost the exact sim you will use in the interview and most of the instructors are current or former UAL. I think they told me its about a grand for 2 hours in the sim. Seems well worth it to me.

What sim is used for the actual interview ride? Is it a 200 basic or advanced? A 300 hard ball or efis? An NG?

If its a 200, sim prep in one of those would be invaluable. Pitch and fuel flow. Keep those eyeballs moving.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back