• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recognizing the FlightInfo Scholars

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gotta throw the "general" and afellowaviator in there for entertainmant value! Can we have a 'bizarro' brain trust and include the likes of TopGun-Mav and the like?

coolyokeluke said:
Eurowheenie and MAR.

Definately MAR, don't agree on politics but I like to hear what he has to say.

I'll second that notion, Typhoon1244 seems like a hell of a nice guy, left leaning, but nice guy nonetheless.

My vote also goes to: JediNein, and midlifeflyer.

Those two are the definitive experts over on the Training board, and they always contribute useful and insightful information that's always fun to read.

Wait a minute

First, thanks to Coolyokeluke and Swass.

I suppose a scholar can be a teacher or a student.

In the sense of a scholar being a pupil or student I'd nominate UWOChris.

His questions are well thought out and most importantly he researches his questions before he asks them, resorting to the board only when he gets hung up on a certain point.

He'll make a good teacher one day.

Mar, You are insightful again, a Scholar can be both a student and a teacher. A good teacher (IMHO) should always, at the same time, be a student. Always ready to learn, and maybe hear an opposing view, Able to consider a view point that they do not currently have.

From Webster on line:

schol·ar
Pronunciation:
'skä-l&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English scoler, from Old English scolere & Old French escoler, from Medieval Latin scholaris, from Late Latin, of a school, from Latin schola school
1 : one who attends a
school or studies under a teacher : PUPIL
2 a : one who has done advanced study in a special field b : a learned person
3 : a holder of a
scholarship

My thanks to Jedi for an honorable mention to include me in this distinguished group. Others may disagree with you.

I also agree with the poster that said there are many who have brought their knowledge and assistance to the board. My thanks to them for the chance to read the informative posts and constructive view points. In Aviation, like medicine and the Law, it is only a practice because it is ever changing and always dynamic.

As always, Be careful out there….

JAFI

I originally avoided mentioning anyone because I was afraid that I'd leave someone out. That still stands, but since someone else mentioned MAR, I'd like to throw in my affirmative vote. MAR is one honest liberal, a man for who I have a great deal of respect. Besides, his airplane is bigger than mine.

enigma,

mar, sorry about the liberal tag, I just can't resist:)

Latest resources

Back