Recognizing Sorbie and Evans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Negative.

The campaign was just fine. Very factual and honest. What it lacked was the LIES that the BoBs were more than willing to serve up.

We got an important lesson about trust and credibility. The BoBs and Forest Hills lost all credibility and Mike and the JBPA retained their's.

How we move on from this, is to educate each pilot who reaches his limit that this is what you can expect from Jetblue and the BoBs in the future.

How we move on from this is to ensure that none of those fools ends up in a leadership position.

How we move on from this is to up the ante and bring in the big guns.

I say "autopilot #1 on" - bring in ALPA and let's start cleaning up the mess that the PVC and the BoBs have left for us.

The campaign was a bust... there was no informational push, there were no bullet points and the official rush was only about 30 days. (Less than a month before the nmb filing one of the head organizers took a leave of absence from the company!) All the information was put on a website that jbpa hoped people would take the time to look at, and even that info was difficult to decifer. JBPA failed due to lack of planning, and unity. Forget the BOB's and theF&H crap and all the people on the far left. Start getting the message out. Real information that is factual and legitimate. Get everyone on the same page. Live and learn and move on, but if you think that the previous campaign was a success, than we are doomed to fail again.

The information wasn't out there for the masses and thats why it failed.

Not trying to take anything away from Sorbie or Evans, but you have to call it how ya see it. Thanks for the continuing work that you two are doing for us.

Last edited:
The campaign was a bust... there was no informational push, there were no bullet points and the official rush was only about 30 days. (Less than a month before the nmb filing one of the head organizers took a leave of absence from the company!) All the information was put on a website that jbpa hoped people would take the time to look at, and even that info was difficult to decifer. JBPA failed due to lack of planning, and unity. Forget the BOB's and theF&H crap and all the people on the far left. Start getting the message out. Real information that is factual and legitimate. Get everyone on the same page. Live and learn and move on, but if you think that the previous campaign was a success, than we are doomed to fail again.

The information wasn't out there for the masses and thats why it failed.

Not trying to take anything away from Sorbie or Evans, but you have to call it how ya see it. Thanks for the continuing work that you two are doing for us.

Never forget the BoBs. They need a chapter in union handbooks everywhere.

Agreed though about the next campaign.

It should be nasty and aggressive just like the counter-campaign.

Union Brotherhood

Looking out for the brotherhood part II. While UAW members face pay cuts, job loss, benefit cuts and a reduction in their overall ranks of more than 8%, the UAW Presdent gets a rasie. Broad of Directors thought he was doing a good job, after all he endorsed BO, and deserved a raise. Sounds like management to me, those at the top get, those at the bottom pay dues.

Last edited:
Go peddle your anti-labor drivel somewhere else. Nobody is buying it anymore.
It's time to get out the pitchforks and take it back.

approval?

Go peddle your anti-labor drivel somewhere else. Nobody is buying it anymore.
It's time to get out the pitchforks and take it back.
Does That mean you approve of hte UAW's actions?

I agree with securing some yin to the executive yang.

You're not going to do that on your own. They'll show you the door and tell you that they pay enough to "attract and retain" good people. Are you one of "the people" that don't need benefits anymore?

You would give executives the keys to the store. People like you are always at the ready when a company fails (as they do) to blame labor and the unions they support. Why? I have no idea. Maybe you like being cheated. Or maybe you like cheating labor as the case may be.

There's a good reason the NLRA came about and a good reason why labor unions have so much influence in Washington. It's because executives CAN'T do the right thing and they never will. They will NEVER just say, "hey let's give these folks some good insurance no matter the cost" but they will always come up with reasons to give themselves bonuses and housing allowances and billions in stock options.

That pisses people off and they organize. Always have, always will.

Non-union labor is just a race to give up whatever they tell you they can't afford and after you give it all away - they still go out of business.

It's spineless - and when the executives and the investors have cashed out, what do you have?

There has to be a balance

I agree with securing some yin to the executive yang.

You're not going to do that on your own. They'll show you the door and tell you that they pay enough to "attract and retain" good people. Are you one of "the people" that don't need benefits anymore?

You would give executives the keys to the store. People like you are always at the ready when a company fails (as they do) to blame labor and the unions they support. Why? I have no idea. Maybe you like being cheated. Or maybe you like cheating labor as the case may be.

There's a good reason the NLRA came about and a good reason why labor unions have so much influence in Washington. It's because executives CAN'T do the right thing and they never will. They will NEVER just say, "hey let's give these folks some good insurance no matter the cost" but they will always come up with reasons to give themselves bonuses and housing allowances and billions in stock options.

That pisses people off and they organize. Always have, always will.

Non-union labor is just a race to give up whatever they tell you they can't afford and after you give it all away - they still go out of business.

It's spineless - and when the executives and the investors have cashed out, what do you have?
Here is what happens when management gives the unions everything they want to avoid a strike. Over the last 30 years it has eliminated 70% of the UAW jobs, gave great raise to non-union companies, and now it is concession time. UAW membership is down from 790K in 1979 to around 300K today. Part of GM’s problems today in the $103,000,000,000 (103B) spent on retiree healthcare benefits over the last 15 years. Management knew they could not pay for it, but elected to give in order to maintain peace. Now the Airlines could follow the same path as the UAW and it would be great for 30% of those who still had jobs. This is also great for the non-ALPA airlines that would fly all the passengers when the ALPA pilots were on strike.

Last edited:
I noticed that Linepilot chose not to comment on the current best practices of the UAW Executive Officers.

Do you two clean lavs too? I mean, in the name of good ol' American competitiveness.

Bottom line:

No union = management runs you over. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

You two can maintain your esoteric beliefs about free markets and capitalism or whatever but I have a finite bracket of time in which to have a career, fund my retirement, and send my kids to college. It is us against the business school boys and they DO NOT reward you for being a non-union property. On the contrary, they will take your acquiescence as a green light to seek more efficiencies in the name of competitiveness. Of course it won't stop THEM from becoming fabulously wealthy - whether THEY perform or not.

While guys like you are racing eachother to the bottom, thank goodness the majority of professional pilots are standing up for professional pay and benefits.

Thank goodness we have pilots like Sorbie and Evans or we could only rise to whatever level guys like you came up with.

Do you two clean lavs too? I mean, in the name of good ol' American competitiveness.
At one job, I did. I guess I'm not a Prima Donna. What was your point?

Bottom line:

No union = management runs you over. EVERY SINGLE TIME.
ALPA didn't stop Management when they came looking for paycuts...ALPA must have had their back turned when Management put the bus in reverse and backed over the pilots again.

You two can maintain your esoteric beliefs about free markets and capitalism or whatever but I have a finite bracket of time in which to have a career, fund my retirement, and send my kids to college. It is us against the business school boys and they DO NOT reward you for being a non-union property. On the contrary, they will take your acquiescence as a green light to seek more efficiencies in the name of competitiveness. Of course it won't stop THEM from becoming fabulously wealthy - whether THEY perform or not.

While guys like you are racing eachother to the bottom, thank goodness the majority of professional pilots are standing up for professional pay and benefits.

Thank goodness we have pilots like Sorbie and Evans or we could only rise to whatever level guys like you came up with.
Reread my first post big guy, I'm for Unions...but not ALPA and the Teamsters. What have you been smoking to come out and say, "...thank goodness the majority of professional pilots are standing up for professional pay and benefits..."

WTF?!? WHAT RETIREMENTS??? WHAT BENEFITS???

They have been all but gutted...and where the F*** was the Big Union??? Living to Fight Another Day...

Your line about management makes me laugh. "Of course it won't stop THEM from becoming fabulously wealthy - whether THEY perform or not."

Sounds like the ALPA Executive Officers...maybe they aren't "Fabulously Wealthy" But they sure as sh*t aren't living the lifestyle of their average member!

I am all for Unions...but make them in-house, please.

Latest resources

Back