• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recession Slowing Down The Hiring??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HMMM maybe I should change majors I still have another year to go and I may not be able to get a job by May of 09. Fcuk!

You should definitely have a backup plan. As for the recession/slowdown from the business side of it, fares on definitely increasing. I just priced out RT airfare CLT-TYS and it came to just over $800. USAirways is making money on that leg surely to offset the high fuel costs. Problem is, the airlines can't renegotiate the salaries to be any lower than they are.

Your comment about oil and the dollar are incorrect, one of the biggest reason for the high oil prices is due to the weak dollar. Traders need to turn there currency into dollars to buy oil. So goes down the dollar so goes up the oil price. Plus china and india are the market makers now for the stuff. So hang on for the ride.

In addition OPEC has grown a backbone now that oil is over $100.00. They are holding the line on production. Only when we decide to wean ourselves off their crack pipe will oil prices fall again.

Correct. They have seen there profits fall as other nations have come onto the market as well, so 100 bucks a hit is great for them. But if we get off the rock, then the middle east becomes china's problem. And trust me, the red chinese army is not as nice as we are.

Hire 'till you furlough, then furlough 'till you hire. At $108 a barrel oil, it's coming.

Looks like we just popped that Cherry Yesterday....Speak of the Devil

Here is a good article. JP Morgan Chase said yesterday that they expect US airlines to lose between 4-9 billion next year due to incresing fuel costs and lower demand for air travel. THis industry just started up and now it's heading right back down. Whoever said hire until they furlough is exactly right. Here's the link:

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=12048

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back