Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Anyone chime in on whether our current recession slowing down the hiring for right now???

Not slowing at ASA yet.

Full classes, interviewing 2 groups a week, recruiting has directions to hire 40/month until at least August.

Last edited:
Don't think there's too much slowing at TSA either. The march class is about 17 or so which is normal but then again this is after a class of 40 in Feb. All of that was in prep. for the new flying and airplanes for this summer! I think we'll be fine!

Warren Buffet said we are in a recession. Although bookings remain strong for the near future, It is only a matter of time before the consumer rein in their spending due to higher oil prices and inflationary pressures. Long story short, expect hiring to slow down considerably in the second/third quarter has airlines take a wait and see attitude on how the summer will shape up. I foresee furloughs in early 09.

well,
I saw the CNBC interivew and he didn't say recession. he said we're definitely in a slowdown. he said his outlook was good. corp profits remain strong in certain sectors. this is a slowdown, almost to atrickle.
this entire period won't be labeled anyhting until a board of economists meet sometime late this year to deicde if this is in fact what took place. they get all this criteria together and it's of course a long drawn out process.
do i think we're in a recession. sure I do. and there is rising inflation and there will be stagnat growth in wages which means it sucks for pilots.

2 quarters of negative growth in GDP is by definition , a recession. or so the textbook said.

well,
I saw the CNBC interivew and he didn't say recession. he said we're definitely in a slowdown. he said his outlook was good. corp profits remain strong in certain sectors. this is a slowdown, almost to atrickle.
this entire period won't be labeled anyhting until a board of economists meet sometime late this year to deicde if this is in fact what took place. they get all this criteria together and it's of course a long drawn out process.
do i think we're in a recession. sure I do. and there is rising inflation and there will be stagnat growth in wages which means it sucks for pilots.

2 quarters of negative growth in GDP is by definition , a recession. or so the textbook said.

I definitely think the Stagflation thing is kicking into high gear...from groceries, car fill-up, and all these new gimmicks America's favorite stores are doing to increase their bottom line....................I got offered one of those miniature coffees at Starbucks the other day, I looked at the size of it and I thought she was kidding!! I purchased some shares of Starbucks awhile back also.....I'm now kicking myself needless to say.

XJT cancelled classes until June and we've been putting people into a pool since Nov last year.

I doubt we'll see furloughs on any large scale. Attrition is still pretty high across the board. I'd expect weaker hiring starting later this year, from the double hammy of recession and age 65. But heck what do I know... my crystal ball is just as good as yours.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back