• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recent Flexjet QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i have my doubts about recalls within 2 years. i'm surprised they limited it to 2... why such a short time?

Talked to shares crew in Bedford, MA and they said there recall has no time limit( as long as there are junior people below them). I think Flex knows It will be longer than 2 years for the turn around so they are using that to their advantage. Flexjet really does not care if they ever get called back... hence the 2 year recall!

Talked to shares crew in Bedford, MA and they said there recall has no time limit( as long as there are junior people below them). I think Flex knows It will be longer than 2 years for the turn around so they are using that to their advantage. Flexjet really does not care if they ever get called back... hence the 2 year recall!

What a company - :puke:

"Best in Class" my ass. With all the changes instituted by their new boss - they are fighting there way down to become the bottom feeder of the Frac's - again.

Flying has picked up (at least on my fleet) and charter is still way below forcast (which is good). .7% vs forecast of 1.4% Side Note: That 1.4% forecast is the lowest I've seen it and we beat that by 50%). I'm getting payed more and working less than several years ago. Pay went up 5.5% for me. I hope we get everyone back sooner rather than later. Once that is complete I don't want to see any additional hiring until everyone is getting as much work as they want. If that means some guys get 20 days per month, so be it. I want to see plenty of OT available to anyone who wants it once recalls are complete. OT is not a sign of poor management. It is a sign of good management and cost effectiveness, as opposed to hiring additional crew members (after the recalls).

Flying has picked up (at least on my fleet) and charter is still way below forcast (which is good). .7% vs forecast of 1.4% Side Note: That 1.4% forecast is the lowest I've seen it and we beat that by 50%). I'm getting payed more and working less than several years ago. Pay went up 5.5% for me. I hope we get everyone back sooner rather than later. Once that is complete I don't want to see any additional hiring until everyone is getting as much work as they want. If that means some guys get 20 days per month, so be it. I want to see plenty of OT available to anyone who wants it once recalls are complete. OT is not a sign of poor management. It is a sign of good management and cost effectiveness, as opposed to hiring additional crew members (after the recalls).

As someone on the outside looking in, I have two questions about the situation at Flex. Is the company actually buying lift for the flights they can't cover? And, are the pilots on the road getting a lot of OT? And all this is happening while the company has pilots furloughed. That's just a bit curious to say the least.

Fleetwide/company numbers are way down - indicative to the current recession.

With more crewed aircraft than live legs on average - I would hope charter is non-existant.

With a drop from 16 days ppp down to 14 days ppp - a pay decrease of 12.5% - how do you figure you got a raise? Your W-2 will be much lower this year - unless your one of those fine folks begging for OT.

Everyone getting called back is the big IF. One does have to wonder why a two year callback, and I have yet to hear a reasonable reason.

Hopefully no one is picking up OT over there with guys/gals on the street - but it is Flex so...........................

Fleetwide/company numbers are way down - indicative to the current recession.

With more crewed aircraft than live legs on average - I would hope charter is non-existant.

With a drop from 16 days ppp down to 14 days ppp - a pay decrease of 12.5% - how do you figure you got a raise? Your W-2 will be much lower this year - unless your one of those fine folks begging for OT.

Everyone getting called back is the big IF. One does have to wonder why a two year callback, and I have yet to hear a reasonable reason.

Hopefully no one is picking up OT over there with guys/gals on the street - but it is Flex so...........................

Well I now of 2 guys in the 300 fleet that don't care about layoffs 'cause they are begging for days... just look on the BB. Those 2 bums should loose their job and be on the outside looking in and let someone else do that to them... and you will see how quick they will cry you a river!

Pers-headwell got a 5.5% raise because he must have been one of the guys who bid down to 14 days every month anyway. If that's the case he IS working the same amount for more money. Those who worked the standard 16 days will certainly see their W-2's reflect a smaller number this year.

From the outside, it is BAD NEWS that charter is less than forecast. Recalls will only start when charter cost exceeds the cost of recalls.

Perhaps there will be a union on site before the two year window is up to secure the rights of the 85. If not, the furloughees will have to rely on the fact that they already have a type rating in a Flexjet plane to give them a step up on others.

I promised my wife that I would bid for up to the max as long as we have the house in FL. I don't call and beg for extra days, but I toss the bid in. Well, this month I got max :(. The good news is, the house is in a lease purchase. My wife took one look at the bid and complained that I'm not home enough. I explained my bid/promise. She said, "we'll fix that starting next month". Problem solved!:beer: Without the house, I want two 6 days. Ya'll can have the extra 2 days for your extra cash needs!

Wow

Pers.. You are so smart. I have seen the light, now.

If I look at the packet the company sent me, they published my payscale with me working 202 days this year, just like last year.(imagine that) I guess I will get a raise too. It was just my imagination that told me that I will only be working 14 days this month. (16-17 days in all of 2008)

Maybe you should head up that Powerful group representing the Flexjet Pilots. You know... The CAB.

You're talking about our charters being down during the SLOWEST time of year. I'm so glad you are out here telling us this valuable info. Please let us know the charter numbers in the fall.(When it's not so slow around here) With our wonderful management, It's sure to be below 1%.

Please let us know when the next CAB meeting is. Then we can give you suggestions on more issues, that won't be resolved until 2015.

Always good to hear from you Pers.

Have a Kick-A$$ Summer.

Latest resources

Back