Recent ConocoPhillips Info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear60Guy

Does anybody have any recent info on ConocoPhillips? Is anything based in OK or is it all out of Houston? Who is chief pilot now? Thanks!

ConocoPhillips

They have all the gulfstreams at IAH and then they have the EMB shuttle I believe bassed in PNC OK. I have heard some not so good thing about them as of recent. They have a new DO so things might be getting better. The one pilot I spoke with said.

1. Poor pilot relations
2. Over worked (understaffed)
3. Under paid

I know they are going to look for a mid time hire around 6000 hr tt due to issues with lower time hires. in recent past.

I dont have the chief pilots name on me but give me a week and I can get it for you.

-celloman

Last info I have which could be wrong:

DO - Doug Scwartz

But I don't know anything about the Embraer community, right?

;)

Cop

Be careful with this one... The pay is below industry avaerage for the equipement flown... The working conditions are less than desirable... You have a group of pilots that can not get along due to past mergers of three departments, Conoco, Phillips and now Burlington. The Burlington guys are a class act and are a great group of guys... At least 5 guys have left for greener pastures in the last few years... The equipment in awesome and so are the facilities, but at the end of the day this dept. is just a JOB and the shiny jet syndrom is gone very quickly do to the working conditions... The scheduling is very bad as well... The place has potential, but... You have 3 hard days off a month, if you are lucky and they move around at will by scheduling... Your schedule moves often... It was not designed this way in the begining, but ended up like this... They have an ops manual, but each person does their own thing in the plane... Dangerous... They are working on improving it, but little progress has been made in 2 years... It is a good company with some great people, but there are some people still there that are still not happy with the merger of conoco and phillips and will make it at bad place to be for a while... The new management staff has their work cut out for them and is in for a long and hard road to travel with this group... I understand that the new director and the new chief pilot are great and can only hope that they get it all together for the future... I would like to say that things are great, but that is not would not be true...

Good luck...

Don't they have northslope shuttles from ANC? Thought I may have seen a counter at ANC for workers heading north. Never could find a contact.

Good luck,

Ronin

Latest resources

Back