Rebublic classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SlapShot said:
If I had the seniority to hold it, of course I would fly it because it meant more money. But like I said, I would rather not have the option.

It would be stupid on my part to boycott the equipment because I did not think my company should be flying it. The only person I would be benefitting by doing that is the person junior to me.
You don't have the option to boycott anyway. Hypothetically, if there were to be 190's and if insufficient bids were to be received (boycott), you could be displaced into it in reverse order of seniority.

90 seaters, particularly E190's, at the so-called "regionals" are for real guppy killers and the 90 seat rates at the so-called "regionals" are the murder weapon.

Last edited:
Chip said:
i agree, no 190's. I hope i never see them here.

stop spreading stuff rp170, you know the emergency meeting didnt involve new codeshare talk.

As I said it was speculation as is 99% of what you find on here. Are you sure you know what it was about?

Last edited:
Flying Illini lose that mindset !!!

Man not to bust your bubble, but you have the RACE to THE BOTTOM ATTITUDE that is killing the regionals and our unions. Who cares what a company is hiring into? If you get hired by a commuter into a C 172 SP so be it. I have been in this industry professsionally for 7 years, in class at a 737 / RJ operator then furloughed only to go work at another commuter before coming to ASA. When you start flying professionally and dealing with all of the BS it won't matter if they are hiring into the 170 or not, you want to get hired into the aircraft that will give you the most days off, with the most flight time for the month, i.e the junior airplane which in most cases will be the smallest. I am sure you or someone you know is probably drueling over the 170 because it has big engines under the wings, and you have to use a jetway etc. With all that being said, Congratulations on being hired and or interviewed. This is the best job in the world and very rewarding. If we are going to maintain that, then lets stop racing to the bottom just to fly bigger airplanes. Goodl Luck to you , and again congrats.

Fly Illini,
They have 2 145 classes for the month, though they are only hiring into 145's for attrition/upgrades and not growth. The mins for the 170 (23 yrs, 1500TT, 300ME, 500XC, 100Nt, 75Inst) are mins set by their insurance company. I guess this is the only airplane they don't want 200 hr starfleet academy grads in. Since it's not a company rule, I doubt they will relax it. But stranger things have happended.

RP170 said:
As I said it was speculation as is 99% of what you find on here. Are you sure you know what it was about?
Actually, rp170, you are spreading disinformation. Point 1 of the EC update from January 31 on the "emergency meeting" is quoted:

"We are not losing or gaining a code share."

By the time you made your post on this thread that update was more than 24 hours old. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your post was ignorant rather than malicious. Either do your research or stop stirring the pot.

Last edited:
ASABound said:
Man not to bust your bubble, but you have the RACE to THE BOTTOM ATTITUDE that is killing the regionals and our unions. Who cares what a company is hiring into? If you get hired by a commuter into a C 172 SP so be it. I have been in this industry professsionally for 7 years, in class at a 737 / RJ operator then furloughed only to go work at another commuter before coming to ASA. When you start flying professionally and dealing with all of the BS it won't matter if they are hiring into the 170 or not, you want to get hired into the aircraft that will give you the most days off, with the most flight time for the month, i.e the junior airplane which in most cases will be the smallest. I am sure you or someone you know is probably drueling over the 170 because it has big engines under the wings, and you have to use a jetway etc. With all that being said, Congratulations on being hired and or interviewed. This is the best job in the world and very rewarding. If we are going to maintain that, then lets stop racing to the bottom just to fly bigger airplanes. Goodl Luck to you , and again congrats.

ASA...I guess everyone trying to get on with a regional right now is contributing to the "race to the bottom...if we all stopped sending in resume's, they'd have to do something to get people in the door.

That aside, I don't really care what airplane I fly...in my post it may have sounded like I want the 170 when in reality, I was told that they are ONLY hiring into the 170 right now. I then wondered if that 1500TT (the only requirement I'm short on) requirement would be relaxed since I would just like to get hired. This wouldn't be an issue if they were still hiring for the 135/145 since I seem to have the minimums for that aircraft. I appreciate the congrats, but I don't deserve any. I don't even have an interview...I'm just trying to get one (but I don't meet the mins for the aircraft they are currently hiring into).

Ride Orange,
Thanks for the info...guess I'll keep flying and re-update when I hit 1500TT.

FI

Illini

Man, don;t take what I was saying the wrong way, I am sorry if it came across that way. I am not by any means trying to stir the pot or cause trouble. Keep doing your best and building hours, it will pay off in the end. Let nme know if I can help. Good luck !

Let me defend a fellow Illini here. I don't this FI has SJS bc he'she already flies one, so let me stop that thread right there.

second, the 170 is the better airplane to be on right now anyway. More growth, more commutable bases ORD, PHL, DCA, etc, and if the company will grow at all it will be in the 170 arena not the 145. They have only had 1 0r 2 145 classes in 6 months where as guys are getting a 15 day off line right out of training in the 170.

just a point

D

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back