• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Real or Photoshop?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Found on the web (it must be true)- apparently this same pilot is the one who flew his jet through the Tianman Cave the same weekend. I remember somewhere on this site I saw a thread where someone mentioned tickets were being sold to watch that. I wanna see a picture of that!

http://www.szed.com/szdaily/20060322/ca2232823.htm

Actually I found other news reports that said they gave it up and didn't fly through the hole. Couldn't get it up I guess.

Last edited:
I vote photoshop. If I was gonna beat up some airfield at 300kts, you'd better believe I'd be right over the centerline of the runway. Looks like he's taxiing in a two ship formation. (Thus the offset.)

Perhaps some of the large watch/larger ego/questionable genitalia size fighter dudes would care to pipe in.

I can agree with comments made by all of you guys...the comment on the shadow, the comments on whether the photo or the background would be blurred, the comment on whether or not the landing gear would be in the dirt, the comment on whether or not there would be a heat signature, the comment made by F9 Buff about adjusting the levels when he/she viewed the picture.

I believe that all of those points are valid arguments as to whether or not the picture is real or altered.

Falcon Capt said:
The horizontal stab is in a "nose down" position... Like a relaxed, stick forward of neutral position...

This is fake...

You're assuming the Sukhoi's stabilator has a traditional mode of operation. On the F-16 for instance, the stabilator with a trailing edge deflected up is actually nose down due to some combination of CG and aerodynamics. (Correct me if I'm wrong here fellas, but I'm pretty certain.)

LJDRVR said:
You're assuming the Sukhoi's stabilator has a traditional mode of operation. On the F-16 for instance, the stabilator with a trailing edge deflected up is actually nose down due to some combination of CG and aerodynamics. (Correct me if I'm wrong here fellas, but I'm pretty certain.)
I'd have to go back and look at the picture again, but if you're fighting ground effect, you'd have a "nose down" stab effect. Plus, if you were taxiing, you'd have the same thing, if your hand wasn't on the yoke, stick or whatever.

FN FAL said:
I'd have to go back and look at the picture again, but if you're fighting ground effect, you'd have a "nose down" stab effect. Plus, if you were taxiing, you'd have the same thing, if your hand wasn't on the yoke, stick or whatever.

I have no idea if the Sukhoi's stabilator is reversed like the F-16, I'm saying any use of that parameter as a tool to authenticate this picture had best be left up to somebody who understands fighter aerodynamics. (Not me)

My point is there's more than meets the eye.

LJDRVR said:
I have no idea if the Sukhoi's stabilator is reversed like the F-16, I'm saying any use of that parameter as a tool to authenticate this picture had best be left up to somebody who understands fighter aerodynamics. (Not me)

My point is there's more than meets the eye.
I agree...for the first time in FI history, I agree with all of you dudes. Take a poloroid. :laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back