Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tailwinds

Hey guys,

Thanks to airlinepilotpay.com we all know the hourly figure and min guarantee for most airlines, but that's just a small part of the overall income figure. Per diem, training pay, cancellation pay, extensions, duty rigs, trip rigs, profit sharing and all sorts of other factors affect what you really make. So the question to everyone who just got a W2 is what is a good estimate for what the average joe will make at your company first year. NetJets claims $41k on base pay of $28k. When I was at Atlantic Coast in 2000 first year pay was only $19/hr but we'd pull down 130 hours per month in pay (on 80 hrs flying) and get about $35k the first year.

Anybody at Chautauqua, Net Jets, Skywest, Express Jet, Air Willie, or anywhere else care to add their $.02?

-Eric

I flew over 900 hours last year and made just over 43K @$39 plus change an hour. I was away from home for over 3100 hours :eek: And pilots make too much.

Well, first year is probably difficult to predict. For the first several months you will probably sit reserve, and make very little per diem. But if you are luck enough to hold a line right out of training it might look something like this:

$21.50 x 83 hours (ave. flown by line holder)= $1784.50 x 12 months = $21,414.

$21,414 x 8% profit sharing (this is a total guess) =$23,127. You may add per diem to this if you believe that it is income. Per diem for the year will be around $5500. So here you have it...(drum roll)...$28,627, first year pay! This is using X-Jet numbers.

I'm a 5th year FO at XJT (could be a CA but I'm enjoying the senior FO life) and thanks to our new contract, I should pull down about 55-60K this year. My hourly rate is 37.34 at a 75 hour guarantee. That equals 33K. The extra money comes from doing training on days off which equals an extra 1100 bucks a year for 4 days worth of work, profit sharing which should be around 3000 bucks, bidding lines worth 100 hours which equals another 11K, and using the FBO portion of our new contract to my advantage which is priceless. With all the extras, a senior FO job at XJT is not all that bad. This month I will gross about $5600 with 13 days off and only about 60 hours block time. Take home pay will be around $4220 (including per-diem) with about $700 going into my 401K thanks to our new DC retirement plan. I have every weekend off and do two-day trips that start early on day 1 and end around noon to four on day two. Contrary to what some have said on this board, the XJT contract is very, very sweet. Now that Comair has taken a pay freeze, XJT is the place to be when it comes to pay.

Truckdriver, you figured out what I was really asking in this - what's the soft money like at your company? In my last year at Independence I made about the same hourly rate as you, but pulled down about $10-15k less. Half the difference is in work rules, the other half is in me not working too hard. What is the FBO portion of your contract?

I guess what it really boils down to is how many hours you get paid each month for how many hours you work. That ought to account for rigs, conflict integration pay, cancel pay, training, and what not. Back in the day of paper time cards and understaffing I'd routinely break 110 hours, usually 130 at ACA. By the time I left it was down to 85 hour average, if that much.

Tailwinds said:
Hey guys,

Thanks to airlinepilotpay.com we all know the hourly figure and min guarantee for most airlines, but that's just a small part of the overall income figure. Per diem, training pay, cancellation pay, extensions, duty rigs, trip rigs, profit sharing and all sorts of other factors affect what you really make.

-Eric

Looks like they heard you: http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/

They have per diem, minimum, and some other pay info. Not everything you asking about - but step in the right direction. I think airlinepilotpay.com is now the above URL, thier link is forwarding to Pilot Central anyway. Anyone have details as to what's going on over there?

-W

Our FBO section allows any pilot that has a trip bought from him by the company to pick up time at add pay. Ex. FO has a 4 day trip starting on 03/15 ending 03/18 worth 20 hours. He then picks up a two day starting on 03/15 ending 03/16 worth 12 hours, then takes 03/17 and 03/18 off and now gets paid 32 hours.

Also when FBOed if you are not reassigned at the time of notification. You can not be assigned any other trip by scheduling. Or if they only give a day trip then you are off for the the rest of your orginally scheduled trip.

Other contract items that generate soft time. Customs pay, computer based training, school house training(paid at 150% if you elect to do it on your day off, other wise they must drop a trip and pay protect you for the value of the trip), lay overs that are longer then 24 hours 3 hours(as of May 1st a hard credit), training pay for an upgrade is value of line bid(ie.bid high time line), Vacation(bid line with max conflict, in other words have vacation week touch two 4 days and enjoy month off with 75 hours ofpay), uniform allowance of 150 dollars a year, profit sharing paid 8.7% in 2004(projected 6 to 7% in 2005), deadhead paid 100% greater of actual or scheduled, reserve day rolled(get 150% plus day off restored, red flag trips(any trips that are red flagged by the company can be picked up at 150%).

I will have to let some else think of some more items that generate soft time.

in my 3rd year at CMR...... w2 41k with an additional 5500 perdiem. so that is 46500.00..................pays the bills.

Waco.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back