• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

REAL Flying - No Sissies Allowed - PENAir Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An ex-instructor i knew got a job flying turbo-prop DC-3's in Alaska. I always wondered why he resisted going to a regionals. Until that happened of course...

frigging sweet!

WTF? "Plus 20, Plus 7, Plus 8, Get on center line" That Metro CA fits the mold of the typical sloppy Alaskan self proclaimed bush pilot! I have trained many many guys who fly in Alaska, so I have room to talk...

This is why I hate flying for the regionals! I have to put up with tards like this......

Too bad the winters SUCK.
I would disagree. I lived in ANC for 3 years. Summers actually are quite rainy and cool. Winters are great. The storms come in yes, but then it's sunny for long periods of time. The skiing is unbeatable, so is the backcountry access on sleds.

Here's the latest info on PenAir from airlinepilotcentral.com:

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/regional/penair.html

Certainly not the best compensation out there for a regional pilot - but most regional pilots don't expect to make any money - right? Still, it might be a good place to get some turbine time and see some interesting places you might otherwise miss

Remember that you are going to fly in excess of 100 hrs a month so that hourly figure adds up. As a copilot there, I averaged around 120 hrs a month.

It is probably about 30,000.00 a-year to start.....so not too bad

I flew metros out of ANC for 8 months, you'll definatley get a great experience up there. Plus Awsome fishing ,good beer at Humpys and then there's the great alaskan bush company. You can't find that at the regionals these days.

Latest resources

Back