• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

REAL Delta hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Basic, yes very basic, airline food sucks even on international trips..If you are having anymore than half a salad and maybe a bit of soup you are doomed. Ever wonder why things look so fresh and yet they were made 2 days ago ? And yes usually I can find something way more healthy than the airplane, anything is better than a meal prepare by an airline kitchen . BTW when i flew domestic 18 years ago I allways left he A/C to eat. You want to be in reasonable shape ( graduation wt.) when you get to like 55 ,then I suggest you change your dinning habits or you will look like one of THOSE guys.

Who says I eat both meals along the way? I stated in this thread I usually eat one meal, not both. I always workout, and my parents are both thin and don't have weight issues or problems. As far as eating domestic meals, I never really did because most weren't very tasty. The INTL meals seem to be better, and that was my point. Meal choices, a salad, a soup, and a sundae every once and awhile. No biggie. Thanks for the advice.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Uhhhhhh, you must have not flown domestic much in the past decade. Ya see, after years of flying domestic, you get used to very few creature comforts, and nothing special when it comes to onboard food. But, there is a difference when it comes to INTL. I never said it was the best food around, but it is a lot better than domestic food. If you can't agree with that, you might have the problem. Maybe you never eat any of the food, and only buy your own? On INTL flights, I don't have to do that. That's a GOOD thing. I still look forward to layover restaurants, but the INTL food and desserts are not bad. That's the point. Thanks for wasting my time explaining something basic.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Filejw wasn't wasting your time, he's helping you to get up to 18,000.00 useless, boring, monotonous, mundane, tiresome, unchanging, repetitious posts!! You should thank him(and me too), for getting you another post closer to an all time flightinfo record!!!

Last edited:
Filejw wasn't wasting your time, he's helping you to get up to 18,000.00 useless, boring, monotonous, mundane, tiresome, unchanging, repetitious posts!! You should thank him(and me too), for getting you another post closer to an all time flightinfo record!!!

I've already hit the record, mostly showing dipsticks like you "the light." But, alas, it will never help a girl like you. Oh well, I call it charity. Bye now!

Bye Bye---General Lee

it sucked ballz. North Atlantic clearance hassles, constantly jet lagged, always tired, getting in at 1am body time and enduring a 2 hour ride from CDG to downtown Paris, waiting another hour for the room, taking a 2hr nap, waking up feeling like a zombie, not being able to sleep well that night, waking up at 2am body time for an 8hr + flt back... yeah, great, where do I sign up.

The new Flight/Duty/Rest rules change the above scenario A LOT!
Crew rest starts once in the hotel room, and it ends when you report to the lobby. Crew rest also has to be longer.

Flying across a lot of time zones? Either your duty day is shorter, your rest is longer, or both. No more 24/7...now it is 30/7.

The below is for 2 pilot crews...not sure on 3/4:
Max Duty Day is 15 hours, with max flight time of 9....BUT, that is only if you start out in the morning. If you do start at 3 am?.....7 (SEVEN) hour duty day! If you start in the afternoon, more than 7 but less than 15 hours of duty.

Well, that depends where you live, and who you fly for. The 765 at DL (767-400) is fairly junior (some 2007 hires have lines) have 6 day trips to LHR, onto DTW or MSP, and then back through LHR to JFK. Those are worth about 35 hours, and you can try to add a Moscow, Venice, Milan, or Sao Paulo to bring up your hours if you want to. Sounds like your airline didn't offer multiple day trips longer than 3 days, or you commuted to 3 day low time trips.

If you only do short Europe trips from JFK, then you may be right, lots of trips per month. If you do them from somewhere farther than JFK, like ATL, most are late afternoon sign ins, 9-10 hour flights over, morning arrival, and then 24 plus hour layover leading to a 10-11 hour flight back. Sounds like you just had a bad experience at a disgruntled airline. Base changes or aircraft changes can solve that. If you live in the NE at DL, there are plenty of choices and bases. You moving to MIA shows you made a change for the better. Good for you, but not every airline has the same trips---and you neglected to mention that. Your trips sucked because your airline had them, and you stayed there for 4 years. That was your decision. Another pilot might have taken your spot and loves it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm sad for you. Work to live, not vice versa. There is so much more to life than Delta.

I'm sad for you. Work to live, not vice versa. There is so much more to life than Delta.

Wow, the Academy Award goes to YOU....drama queen. I describe what I like about my job, plain and simple. And, your life can be changed by your job. You can stay at your Saab job forever and make squat, or you can get hired by a quality carrier and provide plenty for you and your family. It's sorta important. Bye now!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Look what's new, Pilot wannabee private lee hijacking another thread....... When you hit 18,000 posts do you get a bonus? HS

He's not a pilot for DL, just some truck stop trick that has some flight attendant he's blowing to get the information. He can't even stick to how many were hired the "year he claims." Stop feeding this bottom feeding troll!

He's not a pilot for DL, just some truck stop trick that has some flight attendant he's blowing to get the information. He can't even stick to how many were hired the "year he claims." Stop feeding this bottom feeding troll!

Oh wait, here's "old Coot" Scoot. How much have you forgotten today Coot? Still forgetting basic flight planning locations in "popular" European destinations? Yes, yes you are Coot. Do you remember how many pilots were hired the year you "supposedly" were hired? You paid attention to that? The whole year? You are a liar Coot, and we all know you fly a Cherokee at Fulton County Airport, not a DC9 FO as you claim. Hey Coot, how many dumps did you take in 1976? You probably do know that answer......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back