Ready Reserve or Hot Reserve systems

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

If you are on the freight board, you sit reserve 24/7 on a 25" callout after your pager goes off.

If you are on the PAX board, you normally have a schedule, so there is no reserve. If you are on call, it is a 2 hour callout.

Minimum monthly guarantee, so no perdiem, rigs, etc.

cliff
GRB

that....really blows.

Hi!

Yeah, the 24/7 reserve sucked the most.

You go to bed at, say 0200 (or 2000), and then get called 15" later, for a 14 hour duty day of 5 legs, with 4 customs stops from Canada to Mexico. Pretty tough.

I knew a guy who was on a 25" callout for about 240 hours consecutively until he got a trip.

cliff
GRB

At AWAC,

Cannot be assigned by Crew Scheduling (must bid for it), 5 days at 8hrs/day with two or three shifts per day (you bid for R1, R2 or R3), pays 4:10 per day (75hr/month guarantee) or actual/scheduled/trip/ duty rig as per our CBA, whichever is higher.

Peace.

Rekks

At AWAC,

Cannot be assigned by Crew Scheduling (must bid for it), 5 days at 8hrs/day with two or three shifts per day (you bid for R1, R2 or R3), pays 4:10 per day (75hr/month guarantee) or actual/scheduled/trip/ duty rig as per our CBA, whichever is higher.

Peace.

Rekks

Who would actually bid for that? Or is it just a line in the bid package that ends up on the most junior guys?

Who would actually bid for that? Or is it just a line in the bid package that ends up on the most junior guys?

Generally goes to the most junior BUT I actually know a few who live in domicile who bid it intentionally, as it generally gives them more time at home. Our CS is generally not supposed to use RR (Ready Reserve) for overnights, although sometimes they do. Also might give someone the days off thy might need as opposed to a normal reserve line (or crappy regular line, for that matter).

That being said, when I initially upgraded, I spent 6 months on RR, and it was possibly the worst time in my airline career. I don't personally wish RR on anyone.....

Peace.

Rekks

Latest resources

Back