Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fr8doggie

Canis Onus
I haven't instructed in 21 years but I'd like to get my CFI reactivated. This is my first inquiry into the matter. What's a good way to try to do that?

Thanks,

Before investing in a "Pilot Mill" I would suggest that you find a full-time CFI in your area that has prepped and recommended CFI candidates recently and fly with him for an evaluation. Tell him what you want to do and get his opinion. You may not be as far behind as you might think. Afterall, it isn't like you haven't been flying the system...

If you don't have all of your CFI certificates you could take a checkride for a new one and all of the existing expired ones will be reactivated.

Thanks for the ideas. I will check out the local airport scene. Haven't flown anything smaller than a 727 in years...

Sheble's in Las Vegas

I haven't instructed in 21 years but I'd like to get my CFI reactivated. This is my first inquiry into the matter. What's a good way to try to do that?

Thanks,

Welcome Back to the trenches!

I flew several flights with a 747 cargo pilot who hadn't been in a 172 for ten years. He thought he'd fly two or three times with me and I'd sign him off for a CFI checkride. I'm glad he was able to recognize after our third flight that he was NOWHERE near being safe in a small plane let alone be able to act as an Instructor. Take the time to hit the old Kershner books on private pilot, get the new FAA Instructor's handbook and the new version of the FAA airplane flying handbooks. Then find an instructor to bring you back to life and ready for a checkride unless you were acting as a check airman under 121/135 in recent times. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back