Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

astroglider

re: Deal in the works for Delta

Rumor mill has it there is a pilot deal in the works now at Delta. Apparently the management folks at Delta finally got smart. Or was it pressure from American Express and GE Capital? It will be interesting to see what kind of deal is being hammered out.

I'm just curious but why do you presume it was the mangement who got smart and not the pilots?

Maybe it is because we are talking to "XXXXXXXXX"' ourselves. Also, we have commitments from 3 airlines (SkyTeam) in Europe that will strike ALONG with us if needed. Their managements are probably calling G(J)erry and asking him what is going on. Needless to say we have other things going on on the side.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I doubt any European pilot gives a rats tail about our problems over here. Nice thought though General.

pipejockey said:
I doubt any European pilot gives a rats tail about our problems over here. Nice thought though General.

That's not what happened at our Amsterdam MEC meeting with all of the corresponding SkyTeam members. Oh, but you know differently. Riiiiiiight. I know the details. So does our management.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't know that any deal is forthcoming. I think any rumor might be based on GG's comments that he "hopes" for a deal by this spring. Other than that there is no negotiating right now during the arbitration sessions, as far as I know.

surplus1 said:
I'm just curious but why do you presume it was the mangement who got smart and not the pilots?

Because GJerry has an ego to protect....Do you think he wants to be known as the guy who put DL in chp 7? He has to try and save face....Plus (and more likely) he will probably recieve $$millions when this is all said and done.
JMHO, but I don't believe there will be a strike!
Will vote NO to any more pay cuts!

Was there any doubt? No way will DALPA strike. The "agreement" will have a figleaf of face-savings for the union, but it'll be a defeat nevertheless.

Draginass said:
Was there any doubt? No way will DALPA strike. The "agreement" will have a figleaf of face-savings for the union, but it'll be a defeat nevertheless.

Thanks soothsayer. Wow, you really went out on a stretch for that remarkable set of comments. The facts remain though, that any TA with more pay cuts or major scope changes (larger RJs) will very likely be shot down in the voting. Sounds like a major defeat, right? Riiight.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back