RDU or CLT-New York Commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wndshr

for those of you commuting to work at jfk and or lga....how hard is the commute? is it worth living in the carolinas? are the elementary/high schools better in clt or rdu..(in your opinion of course).

if these two cities are terrible for commuters...what other good cities on the eastern seaboard allow easy commute, affordable housing, and good schools?

thanks

west coast dweller...not for long?

Carolina Commuting.........

Hi,

I've commuted out of CLT for the past 4 years and the worst that has happened to me is having to take a flight direct to EWR because the LGA flights were full with many, many standbys for the entire day. This has happened twice in four years. Other options I have taken to get to work have been to go to DCA from CLT and then take the USAir shuttle up to LGA or AA Eagle directly into JFK from DCA. Also consider that Independence Air flies into RDU and will start flying into CLT on Oct. 1st from IAD. JFK-IAD-"Carolina". That last option is a two leg commute, but it's generally painless and no taxi fares are involved to get up to LGA.
When USAirways opened up the cabin to unlimited jumpseaters, it made most of the Carolina commuter's lives more bearable. Without the unlimited jumpseats, it would be a hectic commute.
I hope this helps.

the BlueBusDrive

Latest resources

Back