Raytheon/Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fracman

What's up with the Raytheon takeover? I would have expected an formal announcement that the deal was complete by now.

I read all the announcements, but still no formal "the deal is done" from Raytheon that I am aware of. Most recent press said the deal should be done "in a few weeks". Nothing so far.

Like you I was told that it would be official April 1, 2003 but I have not seen any thing from Raytheon. Maybe it was just an April fool’s joke!

Hi Fracman -

I heard that there was going to be an announcment about Citationshares too. I don't know who the deal is with (and if you are being taken over or merging with another company), but some suit I flew last month told me that there would be changes for everyone in the coming months, and he was specifically talking about Citationshares. Whats going on and is this good or bad news for Citationshares? Will you have a bigger or smaller fleet?

I had dinner with a few Excel pilots last month that said Citationshares is a pretty good co. to work for. They also said that if anyone knew what was going on there, it would probably be you.

From the pilots I speak to, it sounds like Flight Options is making an effort to be a better company. Let's hope there are jobs in the future for all of us. I am torn between wanting to open the mail to (hopefully) find acceptance or 2nd interview/testing letters and finding a furlough/layoff notice.

No upcoming announcements at CS that I'm aware of, but you never know. Who would have thought 18 months ago that Travel Air/Flight Options would be where they are today.

CS announcement

Maybe the CS announcement is regarding the recent rumor about Citation X's joining the fleet.

That one hasn't been made official yet has it?

I talked to a CS Excel crew recently and they told me that NJA had a lock on Citation Xs and that Sovereigns were more likely in the future...

Flying Xs would be a blast.....................

I don't think NJA has a "lock" on anything these days. Cessna has a ramp full of NJA aircraft as a result of recently cancelled orders.

fracman said:
I don't think NJA has a "lock" on anything these days. Cessna has a ramp full of NJA aircraft as a result of recently cancelled orders.

Where would these be? I was in ICT for two days last week. The only NJA a/c I saw were in for mx.

Latest resources

Back