Rasip/nasip

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Prof. ATP

My company has asked me to conduct an internal audit along the lines of a NASIP or RASIP inspection (this is the FAA term for an in-depth inspection of a 121 or 135 operator; NASIP means National Aviation Safety Inspection Program). I have been told that I would be protected from any backlash (these things always uncover problems, even more than the ones I can name off the top of my head), but such protection can only go so far. I would be paid flight pay for my time.

This is a big mark of respect, but it's a big risk, too, because of the chance to make a lot of enemies.

My impression is that this is the kind of job best done by outside consultants. Does anyone have any experience with such consultants? Does anyone have any idea of how much they charge?

It seems like a lot of work, a lot of risk, no upside, big downside, and not a lot of money for the trouble. Any stories of your experiences in such matters would be helpful!

Really Hot F/A's

Mr. Taylor,

I've seen fire, and I've seen rain...

Your post looked lonely, so I thought I'd help ya get some dialogue going!!

First off I do not have any real significant experience with Corp. Aviation depts. I do however have significant corp. experience.

A couple of thoughts that may have already occured to you.... What is your supervisor like?....What is his/her supervisor like? How independent is the HR group that works with both of them? If you do the task correctly will you be supported as suggested?

Some of the above group(s) may want to know what is truly needed. Some may need to defend turf, some don't care at all, your risks are within the culture of the organization. Is that culture changing? Is this a normal process? What has the past said about such endeavors?

Companies wishing to grow sometimes need to take significant steps to reach the next level and hire consultants to start that process. Are other similar audits or efforts taking place within the company?

Lastly if you go ahead be prepared to fix the things you find? Sometimes a report is requested to initiate new management and recommendations. Thoughtful and insightful reports that are accepted often lead to a request for implementation to some degree. On several occcasions (in my previous career) I completed such reports and was asked to implement some or all recommendations within three weeks of the report submission. You will most likely find the answer already in your organization.

Best of luck to you.....When preparation meets opportunity.....look out something will happen! Good, bad or indifferent...something will happen.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back