• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rapper provides in-flight entertainment on Delta flight intercom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Depressing. In 200 years we've gone from Bach and Beethoven to Eminem and SnoopDogg.

Will there be an oldies radio station in thirty years playing rap? I highly doubt it, just like disco, a few songs will linger to bring back memories of their youth. My buddy was the captain on this flight and had no idea this was going down till after the fact or would have stopped it!

Seeing as there are 'retro' stations now playing 'old school' hip-hop, that runs the gamut all the way back for 30 years, I'll take you up on that bet. Logically speaking disco is a rather poor comparison, outside of the fact that you dislike both genres. I won't even get into how things are run on my ship, my reputation precedes me.......

Will there be an oldies radio station in thirty years playing rap? I highly doubt it, just like disco, a few songs will linger to bring back memories of their youth. My buddy was the captain on this flight and had no idea this was going down till after the fact or would have stopped it!

Hip Hop has been around since the late '70s and is the number 1 genre of music today. Disco lasted maybe a decade. I enjoy hip hop while others may not and that is a personal choice of each individual person. Just asking, did anyone come up to the crew and say they were upset about what happened on your buddy's flight? Not sparking anything just wondering.

Yep lots of views on this thread that remind me why I enjoy most transcons with bare minimum conversation. Just love it when I get the type that reads aloud from The NRA magazine's "The Armed Citizen" column. :rolleyes:

Thank goodness mandatory retirement is coming up. Ole NRA southern boys can keep it "high, tight and in lockstep" in the nursing home

Seeing as there are 'retro' stations now playing 'old school' hip-hop, that runs the gamut all the way back for 30 years, I'll take you up on that bet. Logically speaking disco is a rather poor comparison, outside of the fact that you dislike both genres. I won't even get into how things are run on my ship, my reputation precedes me.......

What? I've lived near Orlando, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Detroit, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Portland, and I never heard a Rap station that specializes in old school rap. Not even in Detroit!
Of course in the rap world anything over 6 months old is considered "old school", so our definition may vary.
Most of those cities had an all 80's station though, and most have an oldies station too.

Rap SUCKS, especially Eminem.

What? I've lived near Orlando, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Detroit, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Portland, and I never heard a Rap station that specializes in old school rap. Not even in Detroit!
Of course in the rap world anything over 6 months old is considered "old school", so our definition may vary.
Most of those cities had an all 80's station though, and most have an oldies station too.

Rap SUCKS, especially Eminem.

First of all saying Rap sucks, won't make it go away-I've been trying that with country for years! Lot's of people do like hip-hop so it only makes sense that there are stations out there for them. I would imagine all of those places have Sirius/XM which would have Ch. 65 The Groove and Ch. 39 Backspin. It's pretty easy to find old school hip-hop, often divided by decades or genre's on most internet radio services as well. I haven't lived in every one of the places you have, but I do remember old-school hip-hop stations in LA, Albuquerque (part-time station back then, no idea now plus there was an old-school hip-hop club), Phoenix, NY, Philly, and believe it or not central Illinois. I fail to see why this is so unbelievable, undesirable for you I get, unbelievable not so much.

Latest resources

Back