Ranking the Regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T-Gates said:
FN FAL, you must remember, since we fly freight, we are already below the lowest of the regionals. :rolleyes:
hahaha...there I go again, thinking I was people!

Best regionals

Horizon was a prime destination not that many years ago. It was the talk of ERAU-Prescott instructors, with several of whom being hired. SkyWest might still be a great situation but an SOB to get into.

Air Wisc was a great place years ago. I have heard reliably that it isn't so great any more.

How about Comair and ASA being decent places?

your_dreamguy said:
From First to Worst, How would you rank all of them?

I have heard the best ones would be:

Skywest
Chataqua
Air Wisconsin

Worst Ones are:

Mesa
Transtates

What would you have say?

Skywest
ASA
Comair
Air Wiskey
ACA

The above 5 have about the same pay rates and they are the top in the industry in terms of CRJ pay. In terms of workrules...Comair and ACA are the best.

I would like to add that Comair and their pilot group paved the way for these rates...

Skywest
ASA
Comair
Air Wiskey
ACA

The above 5 have about the same pay rates and they are the top in the industry in terms of CRJ pay. In terms of workrules...Comair and ACA are the best.
While I agree that all five are similar in terms of pay with Comair being the highest - as far as work rules go I would argue that the best are Comair or Air Wis. I worked for both ACA and Air Wis and I can tell you first hand that our work rules are superior to what ACA (Indy) has with the possible except of our reserve rules - which suck. While it isn't as good as it used to be - Air Wis is still a d@mn good place to work. You won't see me leaving for anyone on this list - in point of fact I willingly left one to come here.

Skywest? No way! A non union airline living off the hard work of other union airlines. The best place in my opinion is Comair. Those guys worked hard and sweat out 90 days on strike with out pay to stand up for what they believe in. They remained unified and stuck together. Skywest managment always offers a little to more pay to keep the pilots from revolting and voting in a union.

Best
1. Comair

Mid tier
2. Air Wisconsin
3. ASA (in negotiations)
4. CoEx (in negotiations)
5. ACA (had a good contract, took concessions for United and to help launch Independence)
6. Pinnicle
7. Mesaba (Could have done much better on last contract)
8. Eagle (10 year contract didn't help anyone)

Poor
1. Skywest (Non union, but stable...lots of money in the bank)
2. Chataqua (new contract, but could have achieved much better pay and work rules)
3. Mesa (will "really" fly for food)
4. Great Lakes
5. Commute Air (Voted "no" for ALPA)
6. Colgan
7. Air Shuttle

Worst
1. Gulf Stream

>>>Commute Air (Voted "no" for ALPA)<<<

Well, it's hard to argue with such devastating logic... So I won't bother.

And you can lose the "e" in "Commute", by the way.

Hey what happened to the man faced dog avitar...i thought it was awesome.

Please excuse my ignoranec, but can someone tell me what makes Skywest good. I have zero 121 experience.

American Eagle is one of my worst. They are well established, but have horrible pay and labor relations right now are terrible, very low morale. It's a very "Us versus Them" mentality with the management.

Skyway

Lets not forget about Skyway. Id rank them in the mid tier. They pay isnt the best but they have ALPA and a good contract. Plus, upgrade times are less than a year for both the prop and jet. The fast movement is of course contingent on them getting the deal with Delta and ACA's 30 328 jets. BTW, even though the contract isnt signed, they are getting 2 planes on the 15th for mx to look at.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back