• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ramp Up at FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
here is a question for you guys at Fedex. Where did you find your sponsors? It helps to have a friend working at Fedex...but I am curious, did anyone here go out and find one? Last I was told, you needed 3 internal letters and a sponsor willing to meet with the chief pilots before you got a call. For some guys thats not a problem, however...for some of us it can be...any ideas?

captain caveman said:
I have to politely dissagree. I made it through day 1. No skeltons. Properly preped. Subtle good feedback at the interview. I was enthused and very happy to be there. There are quite a few others out there like me too. Maybe next time...

We had a guy in my interview group who did not get hired as well. Great guy from Alaska, did well in the sim, thought he did good during the SBI and the panel interview but didn't get hired. The unfortunate thing is that there is no feedback as to why he didn't make the cut so he's not sure where to improve the next time around. Despite the huge amounts of info out there about the Fedex hiring practices I've never heard any solid reasons why guys who make it through all of the hoops don't get hired. Anyone have a clue? I can understand if guys step on themselves during the Q&A or the SBI and the company decides they wouldn't be a good fit, but what about those who seem to do well? Just curious.

On the upside, I heard today from a very reliable source that the rumors about a huge new hire class in September is true. Something like 60 dudes. They would not, however, acknowledge hearing anything about hiring guys straight into the right seat of the 727.

Tanner said:
What is SBI?

Situational Based Interview

Flying from A to B .....You're the Capt and have a problem enroute ....make a decision with your crew on what you're gonna do

Tanner said:
What is SBI?
You don't watch much TV, do you?
SBI:Miami. . . . SBI:Las Vegas. . . . .SBI:Memphis. . . .
:)

Tin Goose.. that six month call was for my guy doing the grip & grin two days ago. & the ACP said 4 to 6 months. Hopefully the eariler grip & grins are queing up as we speak. rip

[/QUOTE] On the upside, I heard today from a very reliable source that the rumors about a huge new hire class in September is true. Something like 60 dudes. They would not, however, acknowledge hearing anything about hiring guys straight into the right seat of the 727.[/QUOTE]

Dudes? Why they gotta be dudes? Mysoginist! I hope Capt Megadeth doesn't read this...

FedEx Hiring Rumors

The intel I got over at the Gucci training center was in line with the previous posts. Big classes in Sep (48) and Oct (60) to cover hiring through peak. Didn't hear when classes would start up again. This came from the guy who runs Basic Indoc.

I'm hired! I'm hired! I'm hired! Best news I could have ever received!

Outstanding sim prep with AJ on the DC 10 prior to my interview really helped! SBI was good and the face to face interview was also good.

Latest resources

Back