Ramp Rat Site/Forum

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KBTL

As a soon to be ramp rat at the local airport I was wondering if anyone may possibly know of a site and/or forum directed towards the Line Dept. position. I've seem to have searched far and wide but not been able to come up with anything...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rob
KBTL

Can't help with any links, but have fun! It's one of the most enteraining and low-stress/workload jobs you'll ever do. BTL. Enjoy the summer, find yourself some gloves this fall, hopefully soemthing that is both warm and disposable. And they aren't kidding about the hearing protection. Get a pair of the ear-band type that you can just leave around your neck, that way you can tear them on and off as needed. Otherwise you'll find yourself without protection when you need it the most. Have fun!

If you want to learn to fly, take advantage of any discounts that the FBO might give. I worked the line for 2 years and am now a GSE mechanic for the line, while working on my commercial. The deductions really pay off ($1600 for my private). Have fun and remember that the guys will like to give you alittle crap. Take it with a grain of salt, give alittle back, and enjoy!

Latest resources

Back