Ramp Check

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sky37d

Today, I got ramp checked, and I didn't have my medical with me. Interestingly enough, neither did the right seater.

What/how much, trouble am I in??
Thanks
Been gone a lot.

Just out of curiosity, how come ya didnt have your medical with you?

Probably a violation of 61.3 would be my guess, but I dont know for sure.

Maybe nothing?

Did they see you fly without it? You must have it in your possesion to operate an aircraft. If you were just hanging around on the ramp around your airplane, you don't have to have it on you, but let some air get under the tires, and all bets are off.

well, we taxied in, got out, and he was there.
log book, medical, and some insurance papers are all, always, carried in a little thing, that was left on the counter when I left.

So, how bad is it? suspension?

It's back in the plane, as soon as I got back to home.

sky37d said:
So, how bad is it? suspension?

You should talk to an aviation attorney. He or she will probably give you better advice than FlightInfo.

Are you an AOPA member? I think you get something like a 30 minute free consultation (not sure...)

According to the AOPA legal services website a "typical" response to failure to produce a certificate upon request is a 30 day suspension.

I offered to fax it to him, and he said that wasn't necessary. He said he believed that I had a current medical.

I am a member of AOPA, and I sent a note to an AOPA attorney I know.

sky37d said:
I offered to fax it to him, and he said that wasn't necessary. He said he believed that I had a current medical.

I am a member of AOPA, and I sent a note to an AOPA attorney I know.

If the Fed didnt think much of it and if he didnt tell you that he was going to bust you, I wouldnt worry a whole lot about it. Ofcourse, that is NOT to say that you wont get a letter in the mail over it.........Did know a few guys recently that made a bit of a wide turn blasting off out of SMO and they were given a number to call, and after that chit chat, they thought all was good. It wasnt......the letter DID show up in the mail.

I think a lot depends on the Fed himself. I know another guy that had to chat with a fed about something that was really minor.....it was a new fed who just came from a commuter airline.....and that new fed hadnt yet forgotten where he came from...hopefully never will. Those are the more realistic ones. But then there are the extremely unrealistic ones who are just out there to bust everyone. Sounds like your guy was OK....but then again, you did the right thing by contacting an attorney. In the end, some may be nice...but none can be trusted for sure.

Just out of curiousity, what did the attorney think?

Latest resources

Back