Ramp Check

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
File a NASA ASRS form: http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/forms_nf.htm
Send it certified mail so you have proof.

If you get an LOI, let the inspector know you filed an ASRS (showing evidence of a compliant attitude), and see if he can 'solve' the problem with counseling or an administrative letter, all of which to avoid worse actions.

Sometimes mea culpa works. . .

Good Luck!
Jedi Nein

sky37d said:
well, we taxied in, got out, and he was there.
log book, medical, and some insurance papers are all, always, carried in a little thing, that was left on the counter when I left.

So, how bad is it? suspension?

Just curious why you carry your logbook around with you? Mine hasn't left my home in over 3 years.

I knew this guy once who was ramped and didn't have his medical. The fed said he trusted him and let him leave without incident.

They later found the pilots body, face down in a 3 inch puddle of water.

landlover said:
Just curious why you carry your logbook around with you? Mine hasn't left my home in over 3 years.

Amen to that! I learned my lesson several years ago when I had my flight bag stolen out of my truck. Besides around $2000 worth of headsets and a GPS, it had my first logbook in it. After the trouble of reconstructiing all that mess, plus the memories that were lost in that book (first solo, first cross countries, first time I took my girlfriend at the time flying, etc.), mine NEVER leave the house, and I keep them in a locked fireproof box here.

i carry my logbook in my flight bag, but since im working on my instrument i kind of need it after every lesson.

I was ramp checked once in Florida by the most beautiful redhead girl you ever saw.
She checked my papers and then started an inspection of my airplane. She grounded me for two items. One, the N-number was double black line as if it were applied with black electrical tape. It wasn't, they were painted on. She said they were finding aircraft in Florida with numbers done in tape so they could be changed for dope runs.
She then found one rivet on the right wing tip that she said was an automotive type rivet and that made the airplane un-airworthy.
I won on the rivet thing but they made me fix the numbers even though they were painted on.
The guy with her said he wanted to be sure that I understood that they weren't pushing me around. They were doing their job to keep my privilege to operate in the aviation system safe.:confused:

Latest resources

Back