Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Photoflight

AIR rAMBO
Just wondering how things are over there.

Upgrade time avg duty times etc.. I've read the website just seeing whats happening from the pilots point of view.

All depends on what run is open at the time your hired. Most of the runs are 3ish-11ish. I probably have the shortest one in the company (2pm-5pm), but still get paid full time. You can upgrade pretty fast if your willing to be flexible with where your based.

Ram Air...

Yes, the key is being flexible. If you are willing to go just about anywhere where there are mainly twins, you'll probably have a twin run in less than 2 months. I would not recomend FL or JQF if you want to get in a twin quickly without moving a second time. This is not the job for somebody with family that they need to take with them every move or somebody that needs a specific base. But other than that, it's a great place to get twin time and good PIC, IFR experience.
As far as the runs, they vary widely, any where from 4-14 hour duty days and they all pay the same. The only way to make extra $ w/ the company is to do a little company instruction, which depends on hiring and attrition, and you must be based at RDU. Maintenance is good with Millennium engines and approach GPS's in every aircraft.

2-5 run

I assure you that run is very much in the minority and held by someone very senior. The average run is much longer, especially the runs the fng's get.

Don't know if it was a senior run, but right now its very junior,, out of ORL-FXE-ORL. Nobody in the company wanted it, so I took it 2 days after I got hired. Its cake. Big Dog's right though, its rare and 95% of the runs are what he said.

Last edited:
AirMugsy said:
Don't know if it was a senior run, but right now its very junior,, out of ORL-FXE-ORL. Nobody in the company wanted it, so I took it 2 days after I got hired. Its cake. Big Dog's right though, its rare and 95% of the runs are what he said.

how much flying time does that run get you?

I used to fly freight into LOU (bowman field) every nite ram had a seneca based there and some guy named jeremy flew it, Does this run still exist ? does anybody know Jeremy ?

As far as I know, that run is still there. I flew that run a couple nights when Jeremy was interviewing with a regional.

Do you know how to get in touch with Jeremy ? I would like to touch base with him....is the louisville run considered senior ?

Latest resources

Back