• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAM Air Freight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not recommended.......I'm based at the same airport and know some of the pilots and what is required of them from this place.

I worked there for a bit. I liked it there. I had decent schedule (show up at 130 done by 8) with pretty much no night flying. Just wish the pay was more.

Last edited:
Check out www.ramairfreight.com . Contrails criptic remark is an opinoin based on a little knowledge. Ram is a great place to get started in aviation with nothing to hide. I wouldn't put too much weight on his remark. Ask him if has a better gig for you at this point in your career.

I've not heard any bad things about them from anyone, except of course for super low pay. They offered me a job many moons ago for $15k a year, and you just can't live on that. I think it's more now, though.

It's a good start. Get in, get your time, get out. Everybody I talk to that flies checks says it's a fun job, but it's sure as hell not a living. It's a stepping stone to something better.

scoot said:
. Contrails criptic remark is an opinoin based on a little knowledge. Ram is a great place to get started in aviation with nothing to hide.

There was a good thread about the chief pilot...I think that sums things up.

Stay away. The maintenance is horrible. Management will not stick up for the pilots. In some cases the schedules run 14 hours a day five days a week. It works out to about $6.07 per hour. You'll have to move wherever they need you at your own expense. When you upgrade to multi you will have to move wherever they need you at your expense. When I was there they refused a couple of guys days off for airline interviews. You will definitely have to break regs to get the job done. If its the only way you can get multi time get in and get out as fast as possible. That being said the flying is fun as hell which is about the only good thing the company has going for them.

RAM is fine - *I* was based at the airport they flew out of, and *I* know what was required of them, and it's no more than any other cargo operation.

It's mostly afternoon cargo, no all night overnights. I have a number of friends who have been in and out of RAM within 6 months and have got 400+ hours of multi. That's what you go there for. There are some RAM lifers who like living in base (RDU mostly) and like the schedules, but mostly it's an in, up, and out organization.

Latest resources

Back