Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH revokes Midwest furloughees pass privledges?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how long it will take for the F9 guys to realize what they've hitched onto. This place is/was tolerable as a 50seat stepping stone, but it ain't that anymore. Classy as always BB.

Yep. We were supposed to get 2 years after furlough. It wasn't in the contract but had always been honored by the company. Bedford's logic was that since the Midwest guys are now RAH, they get the same treatment (or punishment depending on which side you are on) as the RAH pilots, which is 90 days.

So instead of doing the right thing and giving the RAH guys 2 years from furlough, therefore making it the same for all groups, he put another shaft up our rear ends. The f'ed up thing about it is, all the RAH guys will be back by the end of Spring. And this benefit would cost the company practically NOTHING.

We can't wait to get recalled and work for the good reverend.

Just like a Catholic Priest, "bend over little boy and take it up the ass"

Welcome to the club

Or the Rev could have done the right thing and matched what the F9 furloughs get contractually: Full pass privileges at the same status as an active employee, forever.

Incidentally this leveling of the playing field is impacting folks all over. DEN rampers pre-BK used to top out at 17.51/hr. Now the unified scale tops them out at 13.90, your pay is now frozen if you were making more. Maybe that works in MKE, but from downtown Denver to the timeclock is 45 minutes. In the past F9 has said they simply cannot get people to make the trek out to the airport for less than 10/hr. I'm sure we'll attract some real professionals going forward.

:/

Last edited:
Also, when they started sending out the letters they initially gave less than 2 weeks notice for benefits termination.

I still haven't gotten a letter. Evidently they had a "computer glitch" and didn't notify everyone. Out of the kindness of their hearts they have (reportedly) graciously extended our benefits until 1/15/10. I still haven't gotten notice though, btw.

Well that gives you time to get out to MKE and buy one of your own seats from the MD-80 or B717. Just saw on company email the good reverand BB will be selling those old seats to badged RAH employees on 9 Jan.

Class Act

Payment must be made by cash or check made payable to Midwest Airlines. Purchases must be completed on site; the company cannot arrange shipment. Sales are limited to badged employees of a Republic Airways company and guests who are accompanied by an employee.

Unfortunately, I'm not eligible. Heartbreaking

I’m not surprised by this at all! I flew out of MKE last week to LAX, and Airtran was actually cheaper than Republic (YX). I don’t see this going well for RAH!

I was reading the Frontier magazine while flying to Denver last week. In it, of course, was the new CEO Brian Bedford's article explaining the new Frontier and all of the big plans.

At the end of the letter it says,

"God Bless, Bryan Bedford"

God Bless, really? Are you kidding me? If he is doing work in the name of the Lord, than I must be worshiping a different one than he is. For the life of me, this man seems REALLY confused right now.

Something that has not been addressed here is why are the other airlines allowing rah jumpseaters. I know we will hear about how it is not their fault, that no one wins in a jumpseat war, blah, blah, blah. With a far flung operation as rah has, I am sure a large portion of the pilots commute. When the good reverend has to start canceling large amounts of flights due to unavailable crews maybe, just maybe he will see the light.

I am a CHQ Dispatcher and if any YX crewmembers need a buddy pass to go to an interview, please send me a PM

Now I want to know who within the company complained to make BB revoke the pass privelages.

Cobraair75drvr...do you really want to start a jumpseat war because alot of JS fly on Republic also to get home or to work

I think the rah pilots would have a much harder time than the others. I personally would just carry zed ticket if rah was my only choice. There are plenty of ways to get to work, most would not need rah.

I am a CHQ Dispatcher and if any YX crewmembers need a buddy pass to go to an interview, please send me a PM

Now I want to know who within the company complained to make BB revoke the pass privelages.

Cobraair75drvr...do you really want to start a jumpseat war because alot of JS fly on Republic also to get home or to work

Latest resources

Back