• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH dispatcher contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OMG. Again I have to ask what is the benifit of paying a union to represent us when they come out with a POS like this. Ours is a little better on the payscale but still has nothing in it we didn't have before the union. Thank god we rejected it.

And you guys are worried about contract dispatching...with these wages it just could not get worse... if this is the future of regional dispatcher pay, I would think it would be much better to work for Jep..they have a trerrific benefit and pay program now..

New dispatchers need to stop coming to the regionals. That's the only way anything will get better. The hiring pool needs to dry up.

Go do something else. You're not gonna make six figures doing this job anymore after two years. I don't care what your s-hole dispatch school says. Those days are long gone.

Last edited:
New dispatchers need to stop coming to the regionals. That's the only way anything will get better. The hiring pool needs to dry up.

Go do something else. You're not gonna make six figures doing this job anymore after two years. I don't care what your s-hole dispatch school says. Those days are long gone.

405, you are so right ! When I came into dispatch I had offers from 3 different companies in 2 days and offering signing bonus and higher pay. Too many jumping on the jobs for nothing in pay and beni's lowering the bar. Many of the larger carriers now have Dispatchers that are in their 30's so don't count on attrition to open slots to move up. Better make it right now or you will have to live with it for a couple of decades.

And don't believe that "it's your first contract, we will make it better on the next contract" B.S. ! vote no unless its right the first time around!

I said this a few years ago....the schools are filling these kids heads with visions of grandure.....getting to the majors in 2 years...the schools are where the lies start..just look at them on line...

The supply of new dispatchers out stripps the demand...the opposite of gas prices....where the demand is higher than the supply....

I for one have not returned to dispatching because of this....I have interviewed with many many carriers...many have offered jobs, and I politly told them that I could not perform my trade or accept the responsibility of the job for that rate of pay....Seriously...I have done this for 4 years and I may never return to dispatching because of it...I have found many other ways to use these skills in other fields....

So another way to make an impact in the supply is for the existing dispatchers to not accept the pay when other carriers are looking for experienced dispatchers..but you must kindly and professionally let them know why...this has to be done by as many folks as possible to make an impact... Just my 2 cents....

Most companies now value dispatchers with +5yrs of experience as they do those with no experience. Some day this will catch up with them, but until then even those with experience are often times best just staying where they're at. Unless you can't make $20/hr.

How about some new sayings for them.

RAH Dispatchers - making money........for management.

RAH dispatchers - dispatching tommorow's aircraft at yesterday's payrates.

RAH dispatatchers - dispatching bigger aircraft for smaller paychecks.

Any others?

For us it would be "Dispatching yesterday's airplanes for the day before yesterday's payrates" or something like that.

405 that doesn't compute.

I just re-read some posts. You're airlines starting pay is 12.88, correct? The 12.88 is before you have even approved your first contract.
At the END of the RAH 6 year contract, the starting pay is 12.93. 5 cents doesn't equate to too much of a difference.

So either you are at yesterday's without a contract, or they are at the day before yesterdays with a contract.:D

Latest resources

Back