• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH buys Midwest!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It will be interesting for sure. Wonder how many 20 somethings will just let Midwest pilots get DOH. I doubt a switch from the teamsters to alpa will be made. So I guess my prediction is a failed alpa drive and a staple, good, bad, or otherwise.

Does this mean that BB will finally have to buy his own gas? When do United, Delta, USair, Continental, or whoever else they fly for get fed up with the growing conflicts of interest and just drop them? Looks liek we're all swiftly on the way to being $80,000 captains for the rest of our "careers".:eek:

Heck, I make more than DOUBLE that amount as an F/O! You guys have your bar set WAY to low.

Dear Valued Midwest Airlines Customer:

Republic Airways Holdings of Indianapolis announced today its acquisition of Midwest Airlines.

Midwest Air Group will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic Airways Holdings and Midwest Airlines will continue to operate as a branded carrier with its current route network. Our customers can book and fly on us with continuing confidence.

Becoming part of a strong, growing airline group will help ensure a more viable future for Midwest Airlines. Republic is a quality organization that recognizes and respects the bond Midwest has with its customers, employees and the communities we serve. They believe in the power of our brand, our schedule and our people. Republic can bring operational efficiencies and financial strength to Midwest that we as a stand-alone carrier cannot achieve.

As always, thank you for your support of Midwest Airlines. We look forward to continuing to earn your business by providing the outstanding service you deserve.

Sincerely,
Timothy E. Hoeksema
Chairman, Midwest Airlines

I wonder when he actually tells the truth, does he take a step back and go "What, did I actually say something truthful? I'd better write this down in my journal. OK now where did I put it? OH there it is.....Page 1"

Why would ALPA want Republic? If they take in Republic, they would screw Delta and Continental. When Comair and ASA asked for one list with Delta, ALPA said "NO" the merger and acquisition policy didn't apply because of no common equipment. If they let Republic in with one seniority list containing RJ's, Boeings, and Airbus's then wouldnt they have to let Comair, Pinnacle, Mesaba, and Coex join the game? After all, They would have seperate certificates with mainline planes on two and regionals on the others. That could open up a whole new can of worms, one I think they deserve.

Maybe the real question is:

"Why would Republic want ALPA?"

Latest resources

Back