Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LaTechPilot2003

Hi,

Just wondering what I have to do in order to get the Radio-Telephone Operators Permit from the FCC. The FCC website is way too confusing, and I can't tell exactly what has to be filled out and sent in order to get the permit. Thanks in advance!

It's been a while since I registered - try this:

http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/

Then, you have to get an FRN - click the CORES/CALL SIGN button to register. Then you can go back and select ONLINE FILING. After you login with your FRN and password, you should be able to choose Restricted Radio-Telephone permit from a drop down menu - after that, it's filling out forms.

Sorry I can't remember more specifics...

oops, posted reply a few minutes late.

There is also a phone number listed in there somewhere. Try that!

Don't lose it!

Make sure you don't lose it when you receive your Radio Permit in the mail. My wife was cleaning the house one day and it somehow got thrown in the garbage(though she denies it!)

The FCC won't reissue a duplicate license. I tried, failed, and ended up shelling out another 50 clams to them just for a stupid piece of paper.

The Restricted Radio-Telephone Operators Permit is just like PFT. You pay to get something without having to earn it first. Just a way for the FCC to get money from you.

When I was doing this I could not find restricted radio- telephone operator. I did find a Restricrted Operator. Is that what I am looking for??

RR

highflying said:
I did find a Restricrted Operator. Is that what I am looking for??
Yep, my application online was for a Restricted Operator (RR). When it came in the mail, it said the entire "Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit" at the top. Just make sure you don't apply for the General (instead of Restricted) Operator Permit. You have to take tests and pass them and drive to certain exam testing stations in order to get this. We pilots only need the Restricted Operator Permit.

By the way, you need to register with the FCC and get a FCC Registration Number(FRN) before you can apply for an (RR) online. It's easy and only takes a couple minutes online. Any questions, just PM me.

Plan on wasting a good 1/2 hr on getting one of these little pieces of paper. It was a big hassle to me.

do hams need restricted radio permit?

anyone,

just wanting to know..do amature radio operators need to have a restricted radio permit....

Latest resources

Back