Rabbit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Runway Alignment Indicator Lights

The row of sequenced white strobe lights that appear to race towards the runway, showing the direction of landing. They help pick out the runway from surrounding ground lights, and help when the visibility is low.

well I dont mean to sound like a dork eagle, and yall do have a lot more experience than me, and your answer is pretty good....

but the "wabbits" help transition from the Localizer (what tells you to go left and right on the ILS) to the centerline of the runway visually.

the REIL's help pick out runway from other lights and they are really really annoying strobe lights on the side of the runway.

the dork signing off...

PS. thats an awesome answer ToT! bout peed my pants laughing

dwstl2327 said:
well I dont mean to sound like a dork eagle, and yall do have a lot more experience than me, and your answer is pretty good....

but the "wabbits" help transition from the Localizer (what tells you to go left and right on the ILS) to the centerline of the runway visually.

the REIL's help pick out runway from other lights and they are really really annoying strobe lights on the side of the runway.

the dork signing off...

PS. thats an awesome answer ToT! bout peed my pants laughing
You better go look again... "rabbits" are SFL or Sequential Flashing Lights, also known as Runway Alignment Lighting System (RAIL).

In case you missed it, RAIL is an FAA authorized NOTAM contraction...

http://www.faa.gov/atpubs/NTM/notapd5.html

I think he was confusing REIL's with RAIL's, the former irritant being Runway End Indentifier Lights.

TDTURBO said:
I think he was confusing REIL's with RAIL's, the former irritant being Runway End Indentifier Lights.
RAIL are part of the MASLR lighting system.

I hit a possum tonight. Cornfields on the left and right, out in the middle of no where headed to the middle of no where home. Silly little possum comes out in front of me, traffic oncoming. Sorry little buddy. First time I killed an animal, a racoon, I felt so bad I felt like I needed to go to confession. They I went out and forgot all about the poor little racoon.

Metro752 said:
I hit a possum tonight. Cornfields on the left and right, out in the middle of no where headed to the middle of no where home. Silly little possum comes out in front of me, traffic oncoming. Sorry little buddy. First time I killed an animal, a racoon, I felt so bad I felt like I needed to go to confession. They I went out and forgot all about the poor little racoon.
Go shoot a couple of ILS to mins; all you need is a little "MASLR-Bation" and you'll snap out of it...right as rain.

FN FAL said:
RAIL are part of the MASLR lighting system.

El Correcto. The story goes that a new female type controller was in training and one night someone asked to kill the rabbit. She had no idea what he was talking about and the term was explained.........A couple of weeks passed and she thought she would be a helpful lass and asked the guy on short final if he wanted her to choke the chicken........Supposed to be true.

www.bdkingpress.com

Latest resources

Back