• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QX's lack of aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was just over at the hangar yesterday. No planes sitting outside, and inside there were 2 74 seat gliders and 1 with the engine option. I'm not sure what the one with engines was doing in there. There were no RJ's and no 200's. So any broken planes out there are somewhere in the system. Wait, I forgot about 363. It was still there of course. I guess they are going to rebuild the tail section of it according to a mechanic I talked to. Not sure if our guys are doing it or Bombardier. Probably ours to cut costs. How long this will take, no one knows.

Interesting to hear about Horizon probs. I applied there for three years since I'm a NW native. Got hired at XJT so my sour grapes on the situation is that I didn't want to be an FO for 6+ years. Now I can also say "plus their 400's aren't flying..." Who knows it could be that long here, my crystal ball has been defective the past few years. Unfortunately I don't think they'll ever have a problem getting pilots, referencing "we can't hire anyone..."

turbodriver said:
Have any other QX pilots read the latest read file from the CP about lack of A/C due to broke engines??

Mgmt just screwed itself. They should have taken the six airframes back in 2003 instead of "renegotiating" with bombardier for two per year until 2009. Expansion? LA base? Forget about it. Why? There's no way in hell we have enough aircraft to fly the schedule we have right now! Not with four Q400's down due to broke engines. Pilot and F/A hiring is going at full speed the message says. Too bad we can't hire anyone because no one wants to work here anymore because of the 6+ year upgrade. Now, the rest of us have to bust our butts for management’s incompetence and poor planning.

I love this company.

Opinions?

It could be 6 years, it could be 10 years. It could even be 3 years. This industry's crystal ball has been defective from the beginning. All I know is that despite the long upgrade, it is looking like a better place to be than most right now (right now being the key word). I feel for the ones taking the beating because of the mainline companies being bankrupt.

Latest resources

Back