QX to Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

turbodriver

Hey AS guys what's going on? Haven't heard of any of us Capt's (that actually want to work there) being called lately. Also haven't heard of any FO's that have been been called as of yet. We get at least one memo per month asking if we want to work there send out stuff. Yet I read about all these people from outside who get interviews with no internal recs whatsoever. Anybody know what their intentions are for us?

I think it's more about being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy short staffed, at least on the 200. I'd imagine things pick up once the summer is over.

I talked to two guys who had been offered interviews who turned them down because they didn't want to give up the left seat pay on a Q-400. the first year is rough here at AS...but...to each his/her own. also, everyone i know who has interviewd recently here had pretty solid internal reccomendations.

Mookie

It seems like they don't know what they want. I worked QX in the past and interviewed at Alaska last year. I was told by many Alaska pilots (when I was still at QX) that the fastest way to get to Alaska was to leave QX, get some PIC turbine, and then apply at Alaska. I did that and they had an ATTITUDE about what I had done.

Alaska was my first choice, but seemed VERY threatened by the thought of me leaving them to go elsewhere.
Board interview went really well, but H.R. interview with Ms. E.R. did not. She certainly seemed to have all of the answers to her own questions before I walked in the door.

Well Delta is hiring and seemed to like me, so off I go. It was a much more professional interview process/experience at Delta than Alaska (the HR part of it). I also think this is a great time to go to Delta, and look forward to a bright future and higher pay there.

Best of luck to those who want to go to Alaska, I still think its a great company, even if I was not impressed with my HR person/experience. Hopefully they will figure out exactly what it is they want. I seems like there is no ryhme or reason to how they hire people from my experience.

The most ironic part is that I really wanted to work for Alaska and live back in the Pacific NW again, it looks like now I'll live there and commute to work at some point!

It seems like they don't know what they want. I worked QX in the past and interviewed at Alaska last year. I was told by many Alaska pilots (when I was still at QX) that the fastest way to get to Alaska was to leave QX, get some PIC turbine, and then apply at Alaska. I did that and they had an ATTITUDE about what I had done.

Alaska was my first choice, but seemed VERY threatened by the thought of me leaving them to go elsewhere.
Board interview went really well, but H.R. interview with Ms. E.R. did not. She certainly seemed to have all of the answers to her own questions before I walked in the door.

Well Delta is hiring and seemed to like me, so off I go. It was a much more professional interview process/experience at Delta than Alaska (the HR part of it). I also think this is a great time to go to Delta, and look forward to a bright future and higher pay there.

Best of luck to those who want to go to Alaska, I still think its a great company, even if I was not impressed with my HR person/experience. Hopefully they will figure out exactly what it is they want. I seems like there is no ryhme or reason to how they hire people from my experience.

The most ironic part is that I really wanted to work for Alaska and live back in the Pacific NW again, it looks like now I'll live there and commute to work at some point!

It's a blessing in disguise. If I was looking for an airline job right now, I'd pick Delta over Alaska, JMO. Some of these HR folks are on a power trip and don't belong in such a position. Wish you success at Delta!

Thanks Boxboy! I think it is a really good thing. I am not sure what the "attitude" they had was all about, but it may have given me a glimpse into what is really going on behind the scenes at the "family".

Best of luck to you and all of those reaching for the Dream!

I see that the internal job posting for QX guys has now been removed...

Does anybody know what's going on over there?

Latest resources

Back