QWuestion for chq pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

back

I had a message om my machine to call Rosa , I am assumeing that this is a call for a class date (been in the pool over a year) I am looking for some input as far as picking a base and how the commuteing works. all of my flying has been corporate and 135 so how the bids work ect. is going to be new for me. I live 2hrs from cmh . Question .. would it be best to drive to your base or commute and try to get phl ? If your based out of cmh and fly the AW codeshare, can you fly on Airways ? Also, since its been a year, do we get paid in trainning and how does the hotel bill in trainning get paid ? (I hope they pick up the tab) How are the sheldules in cmh or phil, are they commuitable ? Just a few questions and I hope that someone can give a little insight

If you live 2 hours away, I'd definitely drive to CMH. No sense in relying on a flight to PHL when you can drive a couple hours and you're there. The less flying you have to do to get to work the better. Many guys (including me) drive 3-4 hours to get there. Its just a lot less hassle to get in the car and drive. Plus, CMH is a very nice base. The AWA folks are competent and friendly, crews are fun to fly with, and Jeff is a great station manager. As far as commuting lines, most of the commutable lines go senior in CMH and the junior lines are mostly out-and-backs. You'll probably be on reserve for a few months and if you're brave you could just stay at home during that time, even though the call out time is 1.5 hours.
We get Airways and AWA benefits and soon Delta benefits, although we don't know exactly what they are yet.
As far as training, I believe you still get the $125 a week with the hotel paid for up front by the company.
Don't worry too much about the base right now. They'll put you where you're needed initially. Good luck.

Thanks for taking the time to anwser my questions. I want to clarify something you said. If you fly the aw codeshare, we do get the travel bennies on airways ? does that include travel for the family ?

thanks

cmh is both, actually soon 2 b a "trice" base, meaning usair aw and delta flying is done out of the base, so u'll have benefits on all. ur better off in cmh because phl is relatively high in terms of seniority, u would probably b on reserve alot longer than in cmh

well it is confirmed i go to class nov. 7th. I would like some input as to how to prepare a head of time. do you reccomend buying materials to study before class and if you do... what ? also can we fly home on the weekends or not ? I also can see that systems will run into thanksgiving...will they let us come home for that or not and if they do, can we fly on a stand buy basis ? How are the scheldules out of cmh ? just a few questions since all of this is new to me. any info would be great.

FAR 121.

There is decent generic ERJ systems info available online; some free, some not. A Coex guy has put together a pretty good free complilation that you can probably find with a search engine. Try variations of "ERJ study guide"

Also try here:

http://209.51.129.130/v1rotate/emb145_overhead.htm

Dunno if the link will work.

Some limitations and/or procedures are airline specific, so don't memorize any numbers or emergency checklists that are not in a manual issued by the company.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back