Quite possibly the ugliest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GVFlyer said:

...Netjets has only sold 1.6 of their 8 BBJ's. I also think that after an initial rough start E Systems at Waco is doing a better job on completions for them then did Lufthansa Technique.

GV

To my knowledge we (Netjets) only have 5 BBJs.

Waco was removed from the Netjets completion contract a long time ago. They were allowed to complete the remaining ones that were in their possesion, but no more.

BBJ

NJA Capt said:
To my knowledge we (Netjets) only have 5 BBJs.

Waco was removed from the Netjets completion contract a long time ago. They were allowed to complete the remaining ones that were in their possesion, but no more.

When Richard Santulli announced his rebranding of Executive Jet in Columbus he said that Netjets had eight BBJ's and 7 customers who own 24 one-sixteenth shares.

As for the quality of BBJ completions, what I said I got from S.G. and the boys at Bradley, but admittedly that was a while back.

GV

Last edited:
Yes, it is Oakley's Global Express. It's the same one that flies Michael Jordan around. I saw it picking him and his cronies up in Dulles a few weeks ago. Unique paint job.

You guys are all wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised at you guys! Can't you recognize an Air Force Jet when you see one!!!!

Years ago when I was a chopper mechanic at Scott AFB Illinois I used to watch every year when the "potential" future aircraft came in.

Seems like the Air Force always bought a couple of this, a couple of that, just to check them out! The ramp looked like the bar in "Star Wars" during the period they were looking at the prospects.

An Example would be at Andrews AFB VA, they have a couple of Isreali jets there that I've never seen anywhere else.

As to the dude who said, "who would be caught flying that", my first resonse when I joined civillian aviation would have been "I will"! Now that I have a couple years and know that a Global has a 7000 + range, no way!

Great picture! Good post! You guys really outdid yourself on that one!

IAI Astras

Mr. Butts, the Israeli jets you saw at Andrews AFB were Israeli Aircraft Industries Astras (now Gulfstream G100's). There is an interesting story on how they got there:

When Bombardier bought Learjet from Integrated Resources the first thing they did was ask the incumbent CEO, Brian Barents, to leave. Brian found a home at Israeli Aircraft Industries. The first thing he did after arriving at IAI/Galaxy was to sell Astra's serial number 88 and 90 to the DC National Guard. This was no mean feat of salesmanship because the ROC (Required Operational Characteristics) that the Guard had written practically specified the Lear 55/60 and the sale of the Lears was very nearly a "done deal."

By the way, I typed in the C-21 at Scott AFB; longest 3 weeks of my life.

Regards,

GV

Last edited:
Falcon Capt said:
That is bizaar, I wonder who owns it....

Well, the FAA says it's registered to N2T Inc. Hillsboro, OR.

Hmm, so someone doesn't really want us to know. Actually, they just want us to look harder....

AND, Whitepages.com tells us that the address listed for N2T Inc, is none other than Oakley, INC!

FL000 is the winner and gets the case of beer on this one.

I was in TEB this week, sans camera unfortunately. I saw a Lear 55 from Clay Lacy with a huge crocodile painted down the side of it. Man it sure did give that Global a run for title of the ugliest paint job! It had the title of that Crocodile Hunter movie on the tail so I guess they have been using it to fly Mr. Irwin around.

Well, the FAA says it's registered to N2T Inc. Hillsboro, OR.

Whats the deal with registering aircraft in Oregon? Do companies get a tax break somehow? I know there are companies that base their planes in OR and then airline their pilots up to fly them down to CA, for example.

Latest resources

Back