Quickest Passport service?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

clr4theapch

Till now, I have avoided jumpseating and the CASS system by living where I work and never got a passport. Now the wifey wants to do the travel bit to the UK and other areas, so now we both need them.

I am told the wait time is pretty long now days, unless an express service is used.. I was wondering if anyone here has any personally suggested companies/websites that do a good job in getting passports in less than 45 days?

Thanks for the suggestions..

I could be wrong...But all passports come from the US government, I don't believe there is a "service" that can get them for you any quicker.

The normal process is to go to your local post office with your pictures, fill out the app, and send it in, and that can take months to get your passports. What you may have heard is that you can go online and get an appointment from one of the passports offices, show up in person, pay mucho bucks, and that may shorten up the process, specially if you have your airline tickets already with some travel dates on them.

There are plenty of services out there that will do an expidited service. Just do a search on the internet, but be forwarned, its gonna cost you at least $300. Or you can use your congressman, I just had my passport renewed at the beginning of the year and it only took 3 days.

I got mine in less than a week by overnighting and paying for the "Expedited Service"...it's basically double the price.

I believe there are some places where you set an appointment and get it all same day...I know alot of people do this in SFO. Not sure of the details on that.

All that those "services" do is just hand carry your stuff to a passoprt office. You can do the same for free. Be forewarned however, it is an all day event.

Cal 1877-487-2778 its the number for the passport office and gives all the info. Expedite fee is like $60 extra to cut the wait time down.

I have heard that the fastest way to get one is to go to the nearest passport office. Not sure how many there are or where they are at. I'm sure there is some number you can call or website you can visit that will tell you where they are at. Also not sure if you need to make an appointment or anything like that. I heard you can walk in the office in the morning and walk out in the afternoon with passport in hand. Also heard you can drop the app at the office and then pay them to mail it to you and that takes about 3 days.

I have heard that it takes 4 to 6 months to get them the "normal" way these days. Also heard that renewals are taking just about as long.

I got mine last month in 8 days. I went to the post office at 4:30, right when the passport window was closing. I already had my pictures, filled out the form, showed my docs, paid about 150-160 bucks and 8 days later it came in the mail.

No congressman, no 300 dollar fees, just the expedited service for about 50 bucks more than normal.

Just get it expedited.

Travel Document Services did mine

My passport expires in June 2008, and my new company wants me to get a renewed passport to make visa's easier. This took me by surprise, however, I had it done in 3 days at $300. day 1 you fed ex the required info ( it's on their website.) day 2 they go and get your passport, day 3 your new passport arrives via fed ex.
You could do this yourself, however my time was extremely limited and the additional $140 spent was worth my peace of mind.
Good Luck

Latest resources

Back