Quick question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PilotChapin

Have you guys ever heard of a pilot leaving out a previous employer in a application and then getting in trouble for it?

Actually I have, it happened at a small 135 company I flew for - the guy nearly got fired for (as it turned out) leaving some information regarding a previous employer out of his application.

Actually I have, it happened at a small 135 company I flew for - the guy nearly got fired for (as it turned out) leaving some information regarding a previous employer out of his application.

How do they find out? is it through the PRIA paper work? The reason why I asked is b/c I recently talked to an ex-co worker that flew at a regional and he got on with Chataqua recently and eventhough he did not leave out that previous employment on the paperwork he did "add" 2 months of employment. For example he got on that previous employer in july of 2004 and quit september 2004. But his app said he left november 2004. I told him that he can get in trouble, but since he hasnt gotten in trouble in the past for this he did it again.

How do they find out? is it through the PRIA paper work? The reason why I asked is b/c I recently talked to an ex-co worker that flew at a regional and he got on with Chataqua recently and eventhough he did not leave out that previous employment on the paperwork he did "add" 2 months of employment. For example he got on that previous employer in july of 2004 and quit september 2004. But his app said he left november 2004. I told him that he can get in trouble, but since he hasnt gotten in trouble in the past for this he did it again.

I believe it is through pria paperwork. Anyone can correct me if they wish. On the other hand, I've known a few people that have done it and have even pencil wipped 100 extra hours in their books and they havent been "busted" yet. I'm not saying it's right but i am sure that there are a lot of folks out there that will pencil wipp 50 extra seminol hours to get a regional interview or pencil wip an extra 50 jet hours to meet an insurance requirement. It does happen. Just make sure that if you do lie in your log book you keep it within reason, dont log 100 of 737 time with no type or right seat in a 152. Once again, I dont think it's right. But people do do it

Anyone else care to chime in?

Why did he do that?

Happened at ASA when a pilot was hired but neglected to show his employment at Eastern as a scab. His name was on the scab list, and someone turned him in. He was dismissed.

Hoser

Happened at ASA when a pilot was hired but neglected to show his employment at Eastern as a scab. His name was on the scab list, and someone turned him in. He was dismissed.

Hoser

I personally would find out who turned me in and put his head under the main landing gear for being a pu$$y a$$ snitch. But that's just me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back