Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SoCentralRain

Hüsker Dü you remember?
Anyone have any leads on places to get a quick (2 or 3 day) add on MEI rating?

Preferably in the midwest, but not necessarily.

Thanks.

SCR

Hmm...

Any particular reason why you want a super-quick MEI? How recent is your light twin time? It shouldn't take that many hours down at the local FBO. I think I took about 6 hours, and I only had 800 hours total time, and maybe 6 hours in type when I got mine.

-Goose

Hmm...

Any particular reason why you want a super-quick MEI? How recent is your light twin time? It shouldn't take that many hours down at the local FBO. I think I took about 6 hours, and I only had 800 hours total time, and maybe 6 hours in type when I got mine.

-Goose

Yes, I need it for a job. Here's what I need--a guaranteed price quote--whatever it might be. Hopefully this includes all a/c rental costs and examiner fees. Trying to budget, you see.

And yes, the assumption is I'm not clueless in the plane--i.e. need no further training. I don't expect to.

So, back to my original question--do you know of any place like this?

Thanks.

SCR

Yes, I need it for a job. Here's what I need--a guaranteed price quote--whatever it might be....
So, back to my original question--do you know of any place like this?

Ok, gotcha...

I know of nothing in the Midwest, but I do know of a place--Action Multi Ratings in Groton, CT. I'm sure an internet search would bring up all the info on it. I had a few friends that went this route and they seemed to be pretty pleased.

My one and only beef with quick ratings outfits like this one is that they only teach what I call "rote monkey skill," i.e. just basically the eye-motor skills to accomplish a certain flight maneuver, vs. actually getting some decision making and judgement abilities to go along with the new skills (especially when you could be soon trying to impart these skills to others through multi-engine instructing). Then again, that was my beef with the 121 training program that I've been to as well... Touche.

Beyond that, it would probably work out pretty well for you, as I'm sure with your quals you've honed the aeronautical decision making skills pretty well.

If you don't mind me asking, what job wants you to have your MEI? Is it going to be a cool job?

-Goose

Clyde Fredrickson's Guaranteed Multi-Engine Training in Arlington, TX / 817-557-4004

It is 100% guaranteed/cheap and they will get it done. I have sent a couple guys for initial multi-commercials down there and in spite of cheap price they actually have a good program (Eagle guys will know one of the DPE's they use B.R.).

If you don't mind me asking, what job wants you to have your MEI? Is it going to be a cool job?

-Goose

It's a federal job. Cool? I think so. We shall see.

As for the bit about "rote learning", believe me--I've seen it, been exposed to it. That's not the way to teach initial anything, let alone Multi.

But, when every tick of the tach/Hobbs means $$$, don't expect to be spoonfed unless you indeed are picking up the tab and have deep pockets. As for 121 training, if it's not your money, you better know what you're doing on the basics when you show up for your first day.

Thanks for the info, too.

Cheers,
SCR

Clyde Fredrickson's Guaranteed Multi-Engine Training in Arlington, TX / 817-557-4004

It is 100% guaranteed/cheap and they will get it done. I have sent a couple guys for initial multi-commercials down there and in spite of cheap price they actually have a good program (Eagle guys will know one of the DPE's they use B.R.).

Thanks AC! I'll look into that. Appreciate it.

Anybody else know of any place like this? Just want to know my options.

SCR

As for 121 training, if it's not your money, you better know what you're doing on the basics when you show up for your first day.

That is the truth! I made it through and did fairly well, but it was definitely a shock to the system!

Good luck! Gov't flying job... totally bombproof. How would that be! I'm a bit envious. :)

-Goose

Latest resources

Back