Quick MAC question...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EatSleepFly

I've applied a couple of times at Mountain Air Cargo. The other day I got a demographic data request thing from them in the mail, with a self-addressed envelope. Although I don't really agree with these stupid things, I filled it out and sent it back, figuring that them getting it back shows that I'm still interested. Whats with this? Are they interviewing anyone right now, or do they send this out to everyone who applies? Just curious...thanks!

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, whatever. I'm fine with my decision. Why do you care what I fly anyways, Rhoid? You seem to enjoy bringing this up. Do I know you from somewhere, or are you just that bored? Anyways, in response to your post...if its any of your business, the regional game isn't for me. It wasn't before Eagle either, but I thought it would be better than what I was doing at the time (I was wrong).

No like most Rhoids he's here to cause slight pain and discomfort while seated.

Jo-rhoid

It's not a step back, MAC is getting ATRs to replace the old F-27s! At least that's what I heard a few months ago. Good luck!

MAC had an ATR 42 in CHA on monday, still in the old coex colors, but had a FedEX tail number.

In regards to the demographic sheet they wanted you to fill out, I remember in the mid 1990s, when I interviewed, they had the same thing. Also, at the time they needed some pilots in Puerto Rico to fly the 208s. They would not send ME down there despite my speaking fluent Spanish and having studied abroad. Seems they only wanted to put only "native" Puerto Ricans on those routes because they were afraid that "white" guys would have a hard time assimilating with the "brown" locals. (I ended up flying a 208 in Ohio by the way.)

Now, anyone who has spent ANY time in Latin America knows full well what a crock of s**t that is and that you can get along just fine with the locals if you just loosen up a bit, try to speak a little Spanish, dance a little salsa, drink a little rum (tequila in Mexico) and go with the flow. On a personal level, they are not nearly as racist as we think they are.

The problem is, aside from being a good company in other respects, the guys running the show at MAC, and I don't mean this in a bad way, are basically Southern good ole boys. They think cafe con leche is something you put on mashed taters. They think the Merengue is some tropical disease. So, unless things have changed around there, I expect that the demogrphics sheet helps them to maintain the "seperate but equal" practice of keeping "white" people apart from the Spanish speaking "brown" people. That's my theory anyway.

I guess they finally did, one of the guys at MAC that was/is in the training department got on my plane in CLT, to CHA and had an ATR hat on, and sure enough there it was, 907FX.

I guess they are finally going to park the Wistle pigs.

Latest resources

Back